Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
jpeck
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Centrepay

Hi all,

can I setup autopayments of my Optus account (Mobile and NBN) via Centrepay to be taken out of my Newstart? If so, could someone supply either Optus' ABN or CRN please?

Thank you.

jpeck

0 Kudos
4 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Centrepay

That is not an option.

Presumably your Newstart Payment gets put into a bank acount or paid in cash? 

You can pay after that.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
strangewhine
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

"Presumably your Newstart Payment gets put into a bank acount or paid in cash? 

You can pay after that."

Thanks, Peter, for explaining how money works.

The OP is looking to set up centrepay to manage their bill easier. I'm sure they understand they can manually pay with their funds but their circumstances may be such that an automatic deduction from their pension might be the best option.

Why doesn't Optus support it? 

jpeck
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

"The OP is looking to set up centrepay to manage their bill easier. I'm sure they understand they can manually pay with their funds but their circumstances may be such that an automatic deduction from their pension might be the best option.

Why doesn't Optus support it?"

@strangewhine  you are absolutely correct! I ended up setting up BPay deductions from my bank account. But as you say, "Why doesn't Optus support it? Even Telstra have.

0 Kudos
Sarah_YC

Hi @jpeck,

Thanks for raising this with us.

We've recently added an option to pay bills with Centrepay.

You can apply for this service with Centrelink directly in person (Centrelink office) or online.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors