Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor Inny4
New Contributor

Can I get my money back??

My sisters and I take turns paying our Optus home phone and internet bill. She has paid the $92.50 on the same day they automatically deducted this on my personal bank account - without my permission!!! Because of this, my account has gone into overdrawn and my bank charged me a further $15 overdrawn fee. This is not good enough and Optus has no right taking money from my account without my permission. 

Would like this resolved as soon as possible and we will be switching to a different company as soon as our plan ends. Never ending issues with you Optus!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Can I get my money back??

You don't have direct debit set up or anything? I've never heard of Optus debitting a bank account without prior approval first (as in you signing up to direct debit). Have you ever had it set up before? 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
New Contributor Inny4
New Contributor

I have organised direct debit before but I had it disconnected after a month as the direct debit I set up for the home phone bill would direct debit my sisters personal mobile bill as well and she has an entirely separate account. Optus couldn’t help resolve this so we opted for paper bills instead. This is the first time it has taken money from my account without my permission. 

0 Kudos
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Wow that's really not good. They can refund the money to your account relatively easily I'm just not sure about the $15 fee you got charged for. They might be in a good mood and give you that as well but either way, you need to contact them. I'd suggest live chat http://yesopt.us/chat2us

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Top Contributors