cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Yasho
New Contributor

Billing issue outstanding more than a month

I have initially contacted Optus on 06/11/17 when I saw a 200$ charge on my bill. The person I contacted ( Sean) said that this is for a late payment fee of a setup box. I was not aware of this until me contacting Optus and have not used the box for last 2 years. The box itself is probably 6+ years old. I had to disconnect from Optus ADL connection as Optus were not able to provide Broadband services to my new address.

I did change the new address on the account as I also have a mobile phone with optus.

After numerous quarries I finally received the satchel to my new address. I retuned the setup box on the 30/11/17 and the toll records says that it was receipted on the 1st of Dec.

I may have contacted almost 10 people but still 200$ is outstanding on my bill. Each time I contact billing they say not to worry and the amount will be taken off from the bill.

I get numerous calls for money collections and I tell them the full story. My mobile was also barred yesterday and had to call them to reactivate it again.

Can someone please help me on this issue?

At least give me an Australian number to contact

I am very disappointed the way optus is going about this, Feel like Optus don’t care about a 10 year old Loyal optus customer.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
New Contributor Yasho
New Contributor

Re: Billing issue outstanding more than a month

I contacted Optus again yesterday as the person who promised me that he will call back did not contact me.

The answer was that they will contact me as soon as possible and not to worry.

I have got this same answer form numerous people from Optus. But my mobile service was barred and I get calls from collection.

I am worried that I will be blacklisted and this is going to affect my credit history.

I have never ever defaulted a payment in my life and this is frustraining going into festive season.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Yasho
New Contributor

I  just got a message to call back Optus and it was from collections again asking me to pay. When I called them I had to explain the full story again.

The Person (jom ) who spoke to me said that she is going to put a hold for 14 days to protect my account. Billing has told me the same thing.

She said that she is going to escalate this.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Yasho
New Contributor

Finally it looks like it is sorted as my online account now shows 0 balance. Would like to thank Joseph for assisting in resolving this issue.

I would like to advice Optus to make their processors more efficient and effective.

It took more than a month to resolve a simple issue. Lot of time and effort has been wasted during this process.

Hope my comments will be actioned and hope this will lead to a more efficient and effective process.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors