cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Choobaaccaa
New Contributor
New Contributor

Bill Shock!!! Premium SMS?! Content Services?!

I WANT TO LET EVERYONE KNOW especially those who pay their MOBILE PHONE BILLS via DIRECT DEBIT to CHECK! I had some bill shock today after receiving a bill from Optus which was more than 50% of what my plan actually is. Right at the bottom I saw that I was being charged for using "Content Services not included in this current plan benefit" that I was not even aware or made aware about. So it was a random text from 19900007 sent to my phone every week of the month. Each text costs $5.45. I had to search the internet to find out what it was. Found some Optus sites that offered some assistance, but as I followed the instructions, the portal that would allow me to stop these services was conveniently unavailable. Optus locks you in a contract, and lets third parties send you stuff and make you pay for it. How is that fair? I have never had this issue with any other carriers ever!!! I should not have to pay for this especially when I was not informed of it, I don't even know what it is to use it, and trying to stop the service was made as difficult as possible.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bill Shock!!! Premium SMS?! Content Services?!

If you are unable to turn the premium service charges to zero following the instruction on the first link below then you may need to speak with support on the second link below and get them to do it for you. That number you have posted appears to belong to Gamifive another premium service rort by the looks of it.

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/content-services-faqs-spend-control?requestType=NormalRe...

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2395129

Marie
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Hey Choobaaccaa,

Really sorry to hear that you're feeling this way. I can certainly understand this would be very frustrating.

You're most welcome to PM through your mobile number, full name and date of birth & we can set a $0 spend limit for you as well as dispute any charges with the Premium SMS provider.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
alizarinedot
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Disgusting to think Gamifive is still an issue in 2018! My optus account has being billed by this company for three months despite the fact I never authorised it.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors