cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Being charged $2.50 P/M for account fee when i pay using BPay

If Optus wants to change contract conditions including increasing any fees then the contract should be made null and void and a new contract entered into by both parties.

Its about time ACCC had a look at the rip-off processing fees charged for paying a bill online and follow UK in abolishing these fees. Don't see why we should be charged a processing fee for paying the bill online when Optus is the one who benefits from us not paying our bills with cash at their brick & mortar shop counters.

Yes using direct debit is currently fee free but that is like putting the fox in charge of the hen house.

And how is it that monthly contracts have no processing fees or have their fees changed half way through the contract ?  Are customers not locked into a contract harder to rip-off because they just take their business somewhere else ?

Anyone complained to the ombudsman about Optus changing conditions and fees half way through a contract yet ?

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I spend more time on the phone arguing with Optus about their deceitful business practices than $2.20 is worth, and every Optus agent tells me a different story every time.

It says CLEARLY on my Optus web portalunder "Pay Bill" that to avoid a fee you can pay by BPAY. Then they charged me anyway.  The last Pilipino Optus agent told me there is no fee if I use my credit card through their web portal.....and apparently that is wrong too. I'm sick of this. Optus is just another Australian rippoff!

So, I'm turning against Optus after being with them for years and I'm making it a mission to turn everyone else against Optus too. I can walk from Optus at no charge..... yet if I pay may bills to Optus they charge me extra. So, guess what Optus?........I'm walking. It's cheaper than dealing with you every month.

Optus sent me an email right after I changed my account to NBN and said they can't deliver the speed I am paying for and I have the option to change the account or change Internet providers.

See ya!.......Wouldn't want to be ya!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @DDT, thanks for getting in touch. You shouldn't  be charged a fee for making a BPAY payment. Payments made from a credit card do however incur a surcharge of 0.427% (incl. GST). 

Do you have your bills delivered via post? As we do charge a $2.20 Paper invoice fee.

We would also be happy to look into your account to address your billing concerns. We would just need you to send us a message via the My Optus App, Facebook, or Twitter as we're unable to access your account through Yes Crowd.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors