cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Being charged $2.50 P/M for account fee when i pay using BPay

How come i'm being charged $2.50 for Administration when im paying using BPAY which does not incurr the charge as per the CIS?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Being charged $2.50 P/M for account fee when i pay using BPay

Hi @gekko,

I'm really sorry about the confusion with this, there is an admin fee involved with paying via bPay and we do reserve the right to various billing charges.

Under "Payment processing fee" in the Critical Information Summary you will find: "If you don’t pay by direct debit (bank account or credit card) or BPay savings, a payment processing fee will apply. For details go to optus.com.au/payments"

I've also attached some information in regards to the various charges here →https://goo.gl/pv5Yqa.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I too find this fee unreasonable, especially since my account is always two months worth of payments in credit.  I have direct payment from my credit card to my optus account every week.

Jeff

If you go through life with your head buried in the sand,......all people will see is an ass..!
I am an OPTUS customer and NOT in their service.!!!!
Highlighted

Hey Jeff, to avoid the charge you can set up BPay with your savings account or use your credit card on direct debit. 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Exactly what you just said " Under "Payment processing fee" in the Critical Information Summary you will find: "If you don’t pay by direct debit (bank account or credit card) or BPay savings, a payment processing fee will apply. For details go to optus.com.au/payments" i am paying by Bpay Savings!!!!!!!

Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

I apologise for any confusion Gekko. You would have to setup your account via Direct Debit to avoid these charge.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

direct debit is not using Bpay! this is extortion ! it states Bpay and thats what ive been using since i joined optus.

with the less than acceptable internet speeds and service you have provided, i should be charging you for my time!

i have to sit on the phone for  a minimum of 1 hr each time waiting to to be served.

Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hi @gekko there will be a non-direct debit fee applied when using any form of payment other than direct debit. This is a result of admin costs on our end when processing the payments for you. I've attached some information here →https://goo.gl/2aXygA in regards to various billing fees.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I may be wrong on this, I have been know to make mistakes.  The direct debit system is one that takes the money from the nominated account  when the billing cycle is completed, doing so in a single payment. Well, this is how I understand it to work..!!!

For this we are not charged the $2-50 per month.  I choose to pay in via direct debit from my bank every week $50-00 and I am now at least $200-00 in advance of my needs. Handy if I hit a bad month, or govt stuffs the pension a bit more, but for being a good client and long term customer I get to pay you $2-5- more each month for letting you have my money..?????  Seems you have not got this sorted out right.  I understand paper fees and account charges for certain credit cards, but for a person who has money in credit in OPTUS account, it seems ludicrcous to charge a fee.  I do all the work making the arrangements and there is no one doing any serious accounting or bookwork on my behalf. It's all updated by the computerised system and then deducted whenb the account comes around.  Show me where there is a valid $2-50 accounting charge in this and don't refer me to any web pages. I want a real answer investigated and proven.

If you go through life with your head buried in the sand,......all people will see is an ass..!
I am an OPTUS customer and NOT in their service.!!!!
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Not true. I pay via savings every time. I do the work. I take the time to electronically transfer the funds. Time I billed Optus for MY time and effort. And perhaps I should also charge interest calculated daily for any amounts pre-paid in advance of the service provided. If you can call it that of late. Expect to start receiving invoices in the near future. If Optus is able to change contract conditions, then I reserve the right to charge Optus for my time and work.

Top Contributors