cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

BILL EXPLAINED - IS THERE AN ERROR

I RECEIVED BY FIRST OPTUS BILL TONIGHT AND I AM SHOCKED.  WHEN I CALLED UP TO ENQUIRE ABOUT PLANS I WAS QUOTED $163 INCLUDING NBN, FETCH AND 2 MOBILES.  I WAS TOLD THEY WOULD BEAT MY IINET BILL OF $171 PER MONTH.  I AM ON 50MB NBN WITH MIGHTY FETCH INCLUDE AND ORDRED ADDITIONAL MINI FETCH PLUS 2 X MOBILES.  SHOULD THIS BE SO HIGH.   I RECEIVED MY FIRST BILL TONIGHT AND  SEEM TO HAVE BEEN CHARGED MULTIPLE PLANS OF $90 X 3.  PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP.  I AM SHOCKED.  THE BILL DOES NOT EXPLAIN AND IF IT IS ACCURATE THEN THE PERSON WHO SOLD ME THE PACKAGE DID NOT TELL ME THE TRUE COST!!!! WHAT CAN I DO?

Bill
Service Charges
$90 Plan
Yes TV by Fetch with Skinny Pack for Bundle $90 Plan
*hidden* on $39 Optus Choice Small *hidden* on $39 Optus Choice Small
Total for this bill (which includes GST of $36.39)
Direct Debit from Bank Account on 26 Feb 2020

THE TOTAL IS $400.13

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: BILL EXPLAINED - IS THERE AN ERROR

IME Optus do a pretty poor job of explaining the first bill (probably so as not to scare you I suppose). Generally you will be charged first and last month (like rent) in the first bill. They also often take a month to apply any special discounts you may be eligible for. So yes, expect the first bill to be larger although you are still spending the agreed amount over the contract term.

That said, your fees do seem very OTT. Contact Optus directly and ask what is going on and they should be able to re-credit any error. 

Have you ordered more than one FetchTV pack buy the way? You should get 1 free in the package. Also did you realise the Fetch unit is a leased box and you will need to return it if you ever leave Optus?

Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: BILL EXPLAINED - IS THERE AN ERROR

Hi Blueshoes53,

Just a couple of housekeeping things first:

We have hidden your personal information (mobile numbers) on our online public forum and deleted the images of the bill for the same reason. We take your privacy very seriously. If you have any questions about this, please feel free to refer to the Community Guidelines. 

I understand you have "bill shock" but these same Guidelines request that you don't type in ALL CAPS when using Yes Crowd.

With regards to your post, the first bill is always higher because of pro-rata and month in advance. This blog explains this further.

We also suggest our help and support page: Your bill explained

Further down in the bill would be a breakdown showing the dates to show the charges are for the current pro-rata billing period plus the month in advance. Naturally next month there will be no pro-rata charges.

If you still can't quite make sense of it, just a heads up that we don't have access to customer accounts here. Please contact Optus directly for assistance. 

I would suggest in writing so you receive a written response back breaking each line item down to understand it better.

If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.
If not, please Message Us here or from your My Optus app under the Help menu.

Let us know how you go. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors