cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
anthonyn
Contributor
Contributor

BE WARNED IPHONE X - 120 PLAN! - DONT GO WITH OPTUS!

Be warned that the $120 optus plan for iPhone X that includes 100GB of data is false. You will be paying around $140-$150. When i went to confront an optus staff member they stated "we don't tell customers the handset fee is not included" and when i went on to say why i was still chared more they then stated "Other additional fees" 

BE warned to anyone that is getting this deal as you will be paying around $20-$30 extra month. Optus are now including hidden fees with all there bundles.

Not to mention if you are upgrading your phone you will be paying for last month, an advancment of this month and extra additional costs. Even tho the optus representative told me when upgrade i wont be chared for 1 month but instead a month later chared $370. 

BE WARNED DON'T GO WITH OPTUS! If you don't mind going with someone a little expensive go with telstra as they have AMAZING service, great customer service and are 100% better than optus. anyone is better than optus!

3 Replies
10000000000GB
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: BE WARNED IPHONE X - 120 PLAN! - DONT GO WITH OPTUS!

Sounds like you have picked up some scammer parasites on your bill. You should be able to identify these extra charges.

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Its always good to get a heads up on pitfalls although you seem to have drawn a lot of conclusions from little feedback.

The few plans apply to all phones, so they are listed seperately (i.e. $120 plan + $20 handset in your case). If you we're signing up for a new phone and a new plan then definitely you should have been told the total cost up front though. If you check the website Optus is quite clear on the bundle costs

You entered into a contract when you signed up. I assume you got some paperwork / email etc? What does that say?\

Optus always charges first and last months fee (same as a rental). This means they don't need to disconnect you immeadiately if you're a few days late paying your bill.

As @10000000000GB says the $130 in 'fees' should be clearly outlined on your bill. It may be Premium SMS scammers but that means you got the phone before Jan 1? What does your bill say?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Marie
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Hey @anthonyn,

Sorry to hear that this has been the experience you've had and it's left you feeling this way.

Could you please PM me with your mobile number, full name and date of birth and I'll take a further look into your account to check out what's going on for you.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors