Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
DomainBG
Contributor
Contributor

Another Optus attempt to bill for services not provided

Early June, phone call from Optus advising ACCC NBN ruling which means we are now on month to month contract and can leave Optus NBN anytime without penalty. Took me all of 3 seconds to decide following the very poor and dishonest service received over the last 6 months. Signed up with Aussie BB and 2 days later surfing the net again, reliably and fast! All going well until the next bill arrives today (early July) and not only are we still being charged a month in advance for the NBN service we are do not now have, but a cancellation fee as well. Really? Optus seems to always try this sort of thing on with any change in billing circumstances, always large inaccuracies, and not once in 20 years of dealing with them has the error gone my way! On the phone to Optus accounts and I am advised we are contracted. Carefully explain it to the operator and after some deliberation it is being refered to a case manager and I will hear back later, but in the meanwhile just pay the account less the NBN charges. Got to hand it to them, not only charge the non-applicable cancellation fee but also charge for the cancelled service! Mr. Optus,I should not have to go through this time wasting exercise every time a billing condition changes. A cynical person would say it is a deliberate ploy by Optus hoping that bills are not checked carefully. A kind person would just say that the Optus organisation just can't get its sh!t together. Very glad our business has decided to move all mobiles and NBN etc. away from Optus to dependable carriers with real customer service.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Re: Another Optus attempt to bill for services not provided

@DomainBG, I've sent you a private message. 

You can chat with us there if you like. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors