cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
New Contributor
New Contributor

Amazon Hosted Websites? Unexplained data usage!

Over the last few bills I am exceeded my mobile data by a large amount, after months of not having issues. 

My phone tracked data used by apps and warns me when it gets high. I have Spotify included and so for this month I have used 2.47gbs streaming through that app and all the rest are small numbers like 169mbs on Facebook and 127mbs on Samsung internet. 

However when I log onto the Optus portal it says I have used 2.56gbs and 50% of that is on Amazon hosted websites? All I do when I am out, other than used Facebook messages is stream Spotify (mainly podcasts) 

Help? I'm confused and it's costing me an arm and I leg! So frustrated, I have already tried talking to an Optus rep and I got brushed off. About 2 minutes away from switching providers!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Amazon Hosted Websites? Unexplained data usage!

Spotify do not host the podcasts, they are downlaoded from a non spotify source (Amazon in this instance).

Ref: https://podcasters.spotify.com/faqs

Note: Spotify doesn’t host podcasts. You need to provide a link to an RSS feed that’s on a hosting provider in order to have your podcast on Spotify.

So you will get charged for this data as its outside the spotify network.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!