Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Udaykumar
New Contributor

Account Balance Issue

Hello All,

I hope i can get some info here.

I had 7 services in the past with optus and got them all cancelled in 2016 and i have paid all the outstanding balance to panthera finance and i have got a confirmation for the same too.

I have applied for a new connection recently and it was cancelled and i was told that the reason behind it is the outstanding balance on my account.

I have proof that i have paid all the balance on the account and spoke to the collections team and they said they have the confirmation but my new request has been denied for no reason.

Is there a number i can contact to get this balance removed from my account because the collections team says that they can see the confirmation from panthera finance that they have received the payment on my file.

Regards,

Uday

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Account Balance Issue

It may not be that easy. In many cases companies sell your debt so they can make say 10c on the dollar. The debt collection agency then chases after you and collects whatever it can. This is not the same as paying back Optus (who lost 90c on the dollar on the debt)

In this situation, even though you have paid (someone) in full you can understand why Optus are reluctant to sign you up.

Its also possible not all your debt was sold and some amount remains on the Optus books as unpaid to them.

A mod might be able to look into it for you but you would be better off talking directly to Optus recovery team to confirm what they reason is (there is one and they should be able to find it).

Good Luck

Peter Gillespie

New Contributor Udaykumar
New Contributor

Re: Account Balance Issue

Hello Peter,

Thanks for the response.

I will speak to the recovery team as suggested.

Regards,

Uday

0 Kudos
Top Contributors