cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

$30 plan not $30 any ideas

Can anybody tell me why the $40 My Plan Plus 12 month sim only plan which I got two off at the discounted rate of $30 a month is actually costing me $35.77 a month? Seems like a scam optus never mentioned any additional charges. I got the plans for teenagers thinking it would cost $60 a month wasn't told any different. Seems like not such a good deal bill reads $78.69 which includes gst. No mention of other charges not covered by the plan. Have tried customer service and not been able to get through to billing the call hangs up. Have had so many issues with optus and the customer service is appalling no one can answer anything and just keep transferring me to others and the calls aren't even answered a lot of the time. Going around in circles. Should have chosen a different provider.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: $30 plan not $30 any ideas

If you got the new accounts as part of your bill, Optus tries to align them will your billing period, and then charges a bit ahead. Also the discount of that plan may not be applied until the second month.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

That's interesting as you think customer service would have been able say that after all they did look up the account. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @TNF, the total cost of this deal should definitely be $30pm inc GST. As @10000000000GB has mentioned, this could be pro-rata billing, or perhaps the full discount is yet to be applied.

Terms and conditions for this plan do state that the discount should be applied by the first bill, it would show in the "Excluded from your current plan".

Please send me a private message if you can't see this or need someone to take a closer look. My inbox is a little swamped at the moment but someone from my team will follow up asap.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi

$30 sim plan in 2018

The cheapest sim plan in July 2020 with Optus is $39 postpaid

Why has optus not dropped the Cost of there plans by $10 to attract other mobile networks customers if Optus is going to give “great value without the premium” as is stated in the advertisement on page 10 of the Saturday Daily Telegraph newspaper 25 July 2020.

Is it costing a lot of money to change the current network from 4G to 5G?

0 Kudos
Top Contributors