Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
New Contributor
New Contributor

re-contract

Hi

I have an iphone 7plus with optus and on 10/11/17 will make 1yr on contract I would like to get the new iphone x and recontract    What are my chances of doing so

I have been told that I will have to pay $900 back first for the previous contract and then take out a new on

Thoughts and suggestions please

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

re-contract

Hi

I have an iphone 7plus that with optus and on 10/11/17 will make 1yr on contract. I would like to get the new iphone x and recontract.  What are my chances of doing so?  

I have been told that I will have to pay $900 back first for the previous contract and then take out a new one.

Thoughts and suggestions please 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: re-contract

Optus have what's called the New Phone Trade Up deal now which is where at the 12+ month mark you can hand the phone back in good working condition, pay $99 and start a new 24 month contract with a new phone. 

It's standard in plans now I just don't remember how long ago that happened so I'd jump onto chat and ask if you're eligible for that - http://yesopt.us/chat2us

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

You're half way through the plan.  $900 sounds like $450 or so for remaining handset fees and $450 or so for the monthly plan fee. Optus usually only charge the handset component with possibly a pro-rated break fee. Who told you $900? We're they referring to your specific contract?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey kazzy,

As SamSam highlighted, your plan will have the New Phone Trad Up offer built into it. Info on this can be found here. The reason why you're quoted $900 is because you're not yet 12 months into your plan. After the  10/11/17 you should be able to pay $99, return your phone in good working order and go onto a new 24 month iPhone X contract. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors