Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
New Contributor ydhieu
New Contributor

optus recontracting nightmare

So on November 21 I decided to re-contract my phone and chose the $49 promo plus which came with the Samsung Galaxy A50. The first problems occurred when the phone was re-contracted but somehow they forgot to include the phone in the order. I spoke with Optus for over an hour and finally they were able to fix the order and actually send me the phone.

The second issue occurred when Star Track was supposed to deliver my package on the 28th however the delivery man refused to hand over the package because there was one typo on my last name 😕 So I contacted Optus and they said that they would take it back to the warehouse, fix the typo and resend it to me within 2 business days. Obviously that has not been the case so today I decided to call Optus again. I have been on the phone with them for the last 2 hours and no one has seemed to be able to or even want to help me. I have spoken to over 8 representatives from customer service and the sales team and I've been put on hold and transferred around the entire time. I finally spoke to someone who seemed semi-competent and she tried to call the Optus warehouse to ask if Star Track had sent the package back and of course the warehouse had already close. I'm supposed to receive a call back tomorrow morning about the issue but I doubt that will be the case.

If the order is not resolved by tomorrow I'm ready to cancel the whole mobile plan (and possibly my broadband) and switch providers because this is ridiculous. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: optus recontracting nightmare

That is a rather poor experience, ydhieu. The whole typo thing would be so frustrating. Thanks for sharing it on our community.

It should be resolved when you call and hopefully you get that promised call back.

Either in the meantime or if you don't get/miss the call, if you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.
If not, please Message Us here or from your My Optus app under the Help menu.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors