Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
anoutska
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

only 2 bars

I only have 2 bars on my iphone, unable to use internet at all....everyone else in the house has great coverage except me.....at a loss of what to do next...have done everything to phone and router but no luck. also have the latest iphone update and router update.......

0 Kudos
6 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: only 2 bars

Are you talking about wifi coverage or mobile data coverage?
0 Kudos
anoutska
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

oh sorry....mobile data coverage and I use a newish netgear router
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

The router shouldn't be a factor then (that's wifi). You're getting bad mobile data coverage in your home? Is it ok while out and about?

Is the phone indicating its on 4G or 3G?

Are all your housemates on the same network (i.e. Optus). If one is with say Telstra then borrow their SIM card and pop it in your phone and see if the reception is better.

You could also buy a couple of $2 prepaid SIMs at Coles (Vodaphone, Telstra, etc.) and try out the different reception as a test.

What sort of data do you need each month? Is you phone on a plan at the moment?
0 Kudos
anoutska
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hello, the phone is 4G....
0 Kudos
anoutska
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hello...it is 4G...everyone is on the same network and I am unable to connect to any other network either; My phone is on a plan with only 3G data but I never even use all of that....I checked it on my optus account...thank you
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

So is it 4G or 3G? Why do you say you are on a 3G plan?

You can't just switch to another network in the phone settings. Go to Coles and grab a couple of cheap $2 prepaid SIMs from other networks. Put them in your phone and activate them and see what reception you get.

But for what its worth, if everyone in the household is on the Optus network and gets great reception then the problem is your phone itself.
0 Kudos
Top Contributors