Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: iphone 8 on $59 plan with 20GB a month

Finally got the iPhone Christmas present for my daughter yesterday!! Peace on earth 🙏🏻

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I am disgusted with the service I have had trying to get one of the apple iphone 8  $59 (Gold, 256GB - paying an extra $10 to go  from the 64GB to the 256GB).
I logged on to optus before Christmas and went to sign up for the iphone deal that has a lot of people ticked off only to find it was out of stock. The first person I spoke to gave me a waitlist number and assured me that Optus would contact me when stock came in and that I could have the phone at the advertised deal. I contacted them again after Christmas and was told the same. The third time I contacted live chat I was given the run around, passed from department to department. One optus employee even asked me if I wanted them to look up my details!!!! What information where they looking at when spinning me lines. Only to be told optus will call me when its back in stock. Thing is on the third time I contacted live chat the phone was back in stock online. Come on Optus honour your deal to the many of us that want the deal you advertised.. I have been an optus customer for over 10 years and I seriously disppointed. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Ordered the iphone8 on the $59 plan on monday 8/1/17 and recieved it yesterday 10/1/17... go figure !!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I called 133937 and the rude man on the phone told me that the deal has ended and no one would be receiving the phone. I explained the different stories I had been told and he reiterated that the deal is over and no phones on back order were going to be issued. He wouldn't let me speak to anyone else. While I was on hold waiting to be answered I had live chat connecting. After speaking to Live chat (most helpful person yet) a phone is being sent out to me and my order processed. I say perservere until you get an answer and your phone. I was almost ready to go elsewhere. So hopefully there isn't any problems with the billing I should have an iphone 8. I also paid an extra $10 a month ($69) for a 256GB. Watch this space and I will update when it arrives. I wish you all good luck in getting your phones. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

Hey guys, I'm sorry I couldn't respond to this one sooner. I've been away from the office since Monday. I encourage all of those who've yet to hear back in regards to the status of their order to send through a private message. I'll check how the orders are progressing and try my best to narrow down a delivery time frame. 

@Rd22, @Bazinga69.

For those of whom who've now received their handsets, I really do apologise for the delay. This has definitely been a learning experience and based on customer feedback there will be measures put in place to ensure that we don't have a repeat incident of the same. If there's any other questions, feel free to PM me. I'm happy to help out. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

@Libero,

You've signed up to the $59.00 promo on the 08/01/18? Which sales channel had you signed up through i.e. Tele sales, online sales, live chat, retail?

The $59 promo plan did expire back on January 3, 2018. You're welcome to send us a private message. I just want to confirm that we've signed you up to the correct offer.

I don’t want you to have any nasty surprises when your next invoice comes out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Dan_C

I am trying to work out how to send you a private message. Sorry I just can't see where to click. probably right in front of my face.

I guess I am a little concerned how much my phone will be once I receive it. I don't want any nasty surprises. Can you please contact me by private message perhaps. thanks. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Dan im also having trouble figuring out how to send you a private msg, can you explain it please ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hey everyone,

I received an email from ACCC advising the following:

Your rights: bait advertising

A business should not advertise a product at a special price if it knows, or should have known, that it would not have enough stock to satisfy demand. This may be considered bait advertising and it is against the law.

A business should only offer products or services at a special price if they are available in reasonable quantities for a reasonable period, unless it states clearly that the products or services are in short supply or on sale for a limited time.

Thought it may be useful for those still trying to get Optus to take some responsibility for their lack of customer service on this matter. It seems a bit coincidental that the iPhone suddenly came back into stock less than 24 hours after the end of the sale date. It appears the iPhone was in stock however given the number of sales Optus likely withdrew this before the end of the sale date...suggestive of bait advertising. 

I am still awaiting Optus response to my formal letter of complaint. The TIO also sent a letter of complaint on my behalf - again I recommend other customers lodge a formal complaint with the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman (literally takes 5 mins). 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

@Bazinga, you'll just need to click on my YC handle then click the message tab on the top portion of my profile page. I'll go through and double check the offer that you've been contracted onto. If you have any supporting documentation such as chat transcript or order confirmation, that'd be really handy. I'll get back to you as soon as I can. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors