Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: iphone 8 on $59 plan with 20GB a month

Yesterday, after a few weeks since I originally ordered it, the phone finally arrived. Even though I’m happy that I have it in my hands. I have to say I’m really disappointed with the way outs handled this issue. I originally ordered the phone on the 20th  and only got a temporary order number. My husband ordered his a few hours later than me and he got his phone 2 days later. In the meanwhile, I tried to contact Optus via live chat but it was impossible... same when calling Optus. On the 23rd I finally got in through the chat and someone was able to re order the phone for me.... then it took forever and even got back with a tracking number that clearly was not my handset (it was delivered in Brisbane and I’m in Perth). 

I believe Optus should recognise this huge mistake against their loyal costumers and do something to compensate them. Perhaps a month free or something like that is the least they can do.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Dear Optus online mobile,

I placed an order on the 17th Dec for the iphone 8 on $59 plan. Received a temporary order number however nothing since. Have attempted to contact the online team several times, waiting for over an hour on each occassion. Given that, I now consider this order invalid and will not proceed with it. I need a new service in the next week so will source from another provider. 

Highly dissappointing, I've been a ten year plus customer with two mobile and a broadband service which I now also plan to move all to another provider.

Regards,

Greg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Dan,

Actually I've purchsed this plan from Oputs store!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I made an order on the 18th of December and got a temporary order number. On the 19th I received a text message saying that my order was received and that optus team is doing their best to process the order soon. I haven't heard anything from optus since then. Call support and chat support is not working at all. Can anyone from optus chase this up for me please?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Same story!
Ordered on : 13/12/2017

Received a temporary tracking number the same day.
06/01/2018 : No order confimration, no delivery.

Whatsup Optus?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

Hey @gursimratb, I've sent you a PM with a link to an online form. Fill that one out and we'll be in touch with you. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am in a similar situation, ordered iPhone 8 on $59 plan on 14/12/17 but no update on order progress.

@Dan_C are you able to also follow up for me?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Got onto @hugo P via online chat, he sorted me out in around 40mins. Turns out they didn't receive all the info they needed even though I have two existing mobile services, so I must have missed something out on the original order. Handset delivered the following day - it was in stock. Sim didn't activate but a follow up on Monday had it sorted pretty quick.

Still highly dissappointed with the lack of customer service or available support, but you just need the right person to kick it along.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

After some back and forth with other agents, I had Evelyn B on live chat tell me 

‘We’re sorry but this offer has been really popular and we’re now out of stock of some of the phones that were on offer. We’ve ordered more but we’re not yet sure when we’ll get particular models and colours of each of those phones. If you are happy to wait for a while for the phone you wanted, we can put you on a wait list and contact you when it’s available - you can still get the phone at this price’  

i then filled in a form with all my details and the model and colour of phone I wanted. 

I want the space grey iphone8 which the website says they expect on jan 17 

So I guess I wait until then and see if I get an email. 

If not, Optus can expect me to cause a rumble. 

And yes- I have screen shots of this conversation 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

After about a month and countless phone calls, I finally got my handset....got sent the wrong colour but after all this there is no way I'm even going to bother trying to change it

0 Kudos
Top Contributors