cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Libero
New Contributor

Re: iphone 8 on $59 plan with 20GB a month

I also visited the Optus store and asked about iphone 8 phone, they told me they had the phones in stock but if i want the $59 plan i have to do it online.. i don’t understand how when i try online that offer is no longer available due to no stock but the store has plenty in stock.. I cannot express mu dissatisfaction with Optus , and will definately shop around for another telco who don’t try ro pull the wool over loyal customers !!!!!!

New Contributor peteypie
New Contributor

I ordered this deal on the 19th of December as an upgrade! Two weeks and I've heard nothing aside from the refrence number everyone seems to have gotten. Tried calling the support number they gave me numerous time however each time there was a wait of over two and a half hours!! This is ridiculous. Why should I have to chase this up? Poor customer service optus.

New Contributor india23
New Contributor

ordered this plan on the 11th of december, my plan changed but no phone still. Had a friend switch their whole family over to this deal and receive 2 days later, long after i put in my order. I have called multiple times, nobody has been any help, nobody has called me back when they advised. Can someone who can actually help me out please get in contact?

0 Kudos
New Contributor Kazzakk
New Contributor

Ordered 12/12 - got temporary order number - no further update from Optus. How much longer can you make your kid wait for their Christmas present?? 

0 Kudos
New Contributor Shazza1901
New Contributor

I ordered online around 17 December then received an email asking me to call Optus about Order ### but of course it has been impossible to get hold of anyone to talk so I really have no idea whether it’s being processed , on back order or been discarded!! 

0 Kudos
Moderator Marie

Hey @Mia123, apologies Dan hasn't been in the office due to the holidays. I can see that you have some concerns around the information you've been provided and we do take any misinformation claims seriously. As you've sought TIO assistance with this issue they will forward your complaint to our Customer Relations Group to follow up with you. In the meantime if you can please PM me with your full name, mobile number, order number/s and date of birth as well as the TIO reference number I'll check out the notes on your account and can forward your enquiry through to our Customer Relations Group as well.

Sorry to hear that @Libero, each store is allocated stock which is different to what is available online, as the iPhone 8 was online only stores were unable to offer this. We'll certainly pass your feedback on to our Marketing team.

@peteypie & @Kazzakk, as you've received a temporary order number the order is being looked at by our Sales Support back end team. Due to the large amount of orders placed they are working as fast as they can to complete these orders. They will contact you if they have any issues with the order or will provide you with a new order number once the order has been placed successfully. We do appreciate your patience while we work through all orders we've received.

That's disappointing to hear @india23, have you received an order number you can use to track your order on our website? Alternatively our 24/7 Sales Support team can check this out further for you.

I'm sorry to hear that @Shazza1901 😞 Our teams are working hard to assist all customers who contact us. We do ask that customers only try to call if you've been asked as this will free up our agents to assist customers who have been requested to call to discuss their order further. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Shazza1901
New Contributor

Hello Marie - I was emailed to ring Optus about my order and given a reference number.  I think I can assume that there is no order - it’s very frustrating to not know one way or the other as it doesn’t give me the flexibility to go elsewhere because I do t want to end up with 2 plans with 2 different providers.  I am currently with Optus and amazed that others having ordered after 18 December have received their iPhone 8. 

New Contributor india23
New Contributor

@Marie I got an order number on the 13/12 that goes no where, everytime I call or use live chat nobody can tell me anything about the order or give me any solutions. Have been told twice now that its now been sent and I will get confirmation and the phone shortly but nothing ever happens. Literally cannot get any information out of anybody despite countless attempts. I have no faith that my order ever exsits at this point. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor LauriLand
New Contributor

Hey everyone,

I went into an Optus store today and confirmed they have the iPhone 8 in stock. They were willing to offer the $59 deal if customers take on a new account number and phone number with Optus, in other words ‘new customers only’. 

I received a lack lack lustre email from Optus following my online complaint which as per the rest of their communication has not offered any answers. I also sent a letter of complaint to Optus, more as a formality so I could lodge a formal compliant with the TIO. 

I have lodged a complaint with the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman, it was really easy and took no more than 5 mins as Mia replied in an earlier message. The link is https://www.tioonline.com.au/consumers/new/SubmitComplaintOnline.aspx for anyone who is interested. 

The Samsung S8 is available to backorder however the iPhone and other handsets are not, this does not make any sense and is probably part of the reason so many customers are frustrated by Optus’ lack of customer service. All the communication from Optus both on YesCrowd and what I have received personally had been completely useless. It doesn’t seem as though they value loyal customers, and the above mentioned plan seems like an expensive mistake Optus are now trying to reneg on. 

I would encourage again as many customers as possible to lodge a formal complaint with the TIO. 

Occasional Contributor blacksoil_123
Occasional Contributor

Hi Optus,

Today just passed 3 Jan, there is stocks shows available for iPhone 8 on your website already. Can you explain this?

Top Contributors