cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor blacksoil_123
Occasional Contributor

Re: iphone 8 on $59 plan with 20GB a month

That is exact the point! It is not clearance sale while stock last, it is the offer which clearly state the end date which is 3 Jan 2018. Optus needs to take action to do something and bring the iphone 8 to the list, otherwise this is misleading ad.

Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

You're correct in saying that the end date of the promotion is the 03/01/2018. The FAQ's for this particular offer state that:

The offer is available for new and recontracting customers through Online and Web Chat only.

The offer is available on selected handsets, whilst stocks last. Handset repayments vary.

• iPhone 8 (64GB and 256GB)
  • iPhone 7 256GB
  • iPhone 7 Plus 256GB
  • Samsung Galaxy S8
  • HTC U11
  • Huawei Mate 10 Pro

The offer wasn't specific to the iPhone 8 but rather it was one of 6 handsets that were elegible for purchase on the $59.00 promo plan. 

As of the 22nd of December, the iPhone 8 isn't being promoted online. The iPhone 8 is not available for raincheck or back order. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

where is the link of the "terms & condtions" for this offer? it only says "Offer available to new services in Telesales, Online and Webchat. Offer available to recontracting services Online and Webchat only. Available with selected handsets. Not available with other offers. Offer ends 3/1/18.". Nowhere to say "whilst stocks last".

0 Kudos
New Contributor LauriLand
New Contributor

Hi,

It it doesn’t seem as though customers are stating this offer was exclusive to the iPhone 8 however we are advising that Optus has misled its customers by offering this deal until 03/01/18 and then withdrawing it earlier. 

Alternate handsets on this offer are now available for back order through the Optus website therefore the iPhone 8 should also be available for back order. 

I have lodged a formal enquiry with the ACCC and will also forward this onto the Telecommunication ombudsmen and would encourage other customers to do the same. Optus has completely misled its customers regarding this offer and are required to fulfill its advertised commitments. 

Occasional Contributor

I will do the same.

Occasional Contributor Kinsellack
Occasional Contributor

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Gamatt2002
Occasional Contributor

iPhone 7 wasn’t included in deal. 

Occasional Contributor Gamatt2002
Occasional Contributor

I will also do same

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@LauriLand,

I understand the sentiment but stock levels are always going to come to into play. When it comes to iPhones, stock isn't readily available to order. Apple do not give us a set in stone stock delivery date. We do want to sign up customers to an offer when we're unable to advise of an expected delivery date. The $59.00 promo plan does end on the 03/1/18 and can be taken up with an elegible handset. We're given a set allocation of handsets by Apple, the same as each other provider. 

I can't confirm the exact number of handsets that were available at the time but it was in the range of 5000+. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor Mia123
Contributor

It doesn't state until "Stock runs out" on their terms and conditions. I suggest you contact CHOICE and bring it to their attention via Facebook. They're the voice of the consumers and will fight for our rights.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors