Re: iphone 8 on $59 plan with 20GB a month

thanks have ordered via live chat and hopefully its the right colour [gold]

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

That's what we have logged on our end @jabroni. I think you'll be fine 🙂

If you do require a follow up, we're always here to help out! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
1BB
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have watched this issue be a hot topic over a number of weeks

I asked to be added to the back order list on 29th December for an gold iphone8.

Clearly this deal is a bargain that people were taking up. The entire Christmas sales period was very challenging for The Optus team. Seeing conflicting advice occur on the correct messaging for these deals was causing a lot of customers to be upset.

DanC did receive negative comments.

However, he worked through the Optus channels and came back to everyone with the status of the deal and confirmed what customers were told on live chat.

He told customers like me to pm him your details and he would follow up the back order.

Today I received my new IPhone8

Thanks Optus and thanks DanC

Regards

1BB

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Fantastic news! @1BB,

I really do appreciate the kind words! It's definitely been challenging but there has been a lot to learn from the whole experience.

Thanks for bearing with me! Haha.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Gamatt2002
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

My biggest problem with this whole issue was why were some offered back orders and others not. I attempted to order on 27 December and told out of stock and I now read about people who got backorders after that date. I am now still with a very slow iPhone 6 and no ability for this great plan👎🏼👎🏼👎🏼👎🏼👎🏼

0 Kudos
jabroni
New Contributor
New Contributor

ok got my phone and its alls setup 

Any chance of getting my wife onto the same plan [shes not with optus] ? i know im pushing it but hey its worth asking 😄

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Haha, well if you don't ask you won't receive. It really isn't something that I'd be able to organise @jabroni. It's been nearly a month since the original promotion came to an end.

The $59.00 promo has made its triumphant return. The iPhone 8 isn't included in the offer this time round. Eligible handsets are as follows:

• iPhone 6 (32GB and 64GB) (available from February 5, 2018)
  • iPhone 7 256GB
  • HTC U11
  • Huawei Mate 10 Pro
  • Oppo R11 (available from February 5, 2018)
  • Samsung Galaxy S8
sirayanorris
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus has mucked me around so much it’s not even funny. All I wanted was my iPhone 8 with the Christmas deal ($59 p/h 20gb of Data and Unlimited talk and text).
I was put on a waiting list on the 29th of December (the offer ended 3rd of January) because the iPhone 8 has sold out for that deal, I chose my colour and got my reference code and was re assured that I would get the same Christmas offer even after the closing date because I was on the waiting list before it ended. I was told I would receive a call out text when the iPhone 8’s were back in stock for my order to be processed and finalised. It was made very clear to me that this was an online deal only yet some how I had numerous of my friends go into store and be given their iPhone 8 on the exact same plan that I was after days after I was put on the waiting list.
I wait 2 weeks and think ‘Wow it’s been 2 weeks and nothing’ so I check online only to see a green tick under I phone 8 saying it was ‘In Stock’. I message the online sales team and they tell me all the messages have been sent through to the people on the waiting list and pretty much tough that you didn’t receive anything, the deals closed. I couldn’t believe it and I wasn’t having it. I called up and was told a similar thing but I didn’t accept that, I was on the phone for 3 hours only for their line to drop out on my twice. I called the sales team again and was put straight through to be told what was happening with the other people I had spoken to wasn’t even their proper process and I was told it would be processed and I would get a call from his superiors 2-3 days later.
Fast forward 3 weeks and I have received no call, nothing. I was told a few days ago that i was apparently in the 2nd batch of phones to be dispatched on the 5th of Feb. Today is the 5th of Feb. I have received nothing. I shouldn’t have to keep chasing Optus. You don’t care about your loyal customers. If you cared you would at least have the courtesy to follow through for them. I couldn’t care if I have to fight this further. I am getting my Optus $59 Christmas offer with iPhone 8, because I have waited long enough I’m not backing down now! So something better be done about this. And the sad part is, this is the shortened version, there was way my calls and mess arounds than what ive stated.

0 Kudos
Toomey
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @sirayanorris, sorry to hear of the troubles with your order. Send me a private message with that reference number, your full name, DOB and mobile number. I'll follow it up and get back to you asap.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Leigh_Mar
New Contributor
New Contributor

Is the iphone 7 256gb still available on the $59 plan?  

0 Kudos
Top Contributors