cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: iphone 8 on $59 plan with 20GB a month

@Bazinga69,

If the $59 promo is being displayed on your My Account dashboard then that's definitely the rate plan that we've organised for you. No need to stress, all is well!

@kazfer,

You'd been given a temporary order reference number (Txxxxxxxxxxx or OPxxxxxxx)? You're more than welcome to send us a private message with your order details. I need your full name, DOB and order reference number. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey guys, I just wanted to send through a quick update.

Hopefully this will clear up some of the confusion we've had in regards to the iPhone 8 $59.00 promo wait list that'd been offered by our consultants over Live Chat.

Earlier on today I received confirmation that the wait list is in-fact legitimate and for those who'd expressed their interest to a consultant before the 03/1/2018, we will be honouring the offer.

I've also been advised that an SMS had gone out to customers on Thursday the 11/01/18.

I really do apologise for any misinformation that we'd sent through on this thread.

If anyone requires a follow up, we do have the database of customer details we’d captured over live chat readily available to us. 

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor TomAldrich
New Contributor

Hi there,

I just came out of a Live Chat and was very disappointed.

On 23rd December through Live Chat I ordered two new iPhone 8s with the $59/m deal, with 256gb storage (so equals $69/m for each phone). I set myself and my girlfriend up through Live Chat and its fill out form. She is converting from Telstra. I was told due to no stock that I would get an order processed when stock came in and I would be sent a confirmation email. I was never sent one.

I've used Live Chat 3 times and called and was told by each Agent that my order will come through when stock comes in. They said there is a "note" to my name and account.

I contacted Live Chat today and gave all my details and the Agent said that they couldn't find my account. This is ridiculous as I've been an Optus customer for over 2 years! It is literally a joke that my account isn't showing. I've been assured by every agent about getting the phones with the deal except for today's agent. And now my account doesn't exist.

Any help to fix this would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@TomAldrich,

You're welcome to send us a PM http://yesopt.us/pmdan. I need your full name, DOB and mobile number. We'll confirm whether your details have been recorded.

Highlighted
Contributor Mia123
Contributor

Hi Dan,

After receiving an apology from you, I'm still annoyed. I've been on live-chat and ordered two Iphone 8's and one Samsung Galaxy 8. I was only ever asked for my reference number once, supposedly for a waitlist I've never received confirmation from, not even after the Iphone 8's were back in stock. I'd like to ask why I wasn't contacted and, when are customers receiving alerts the mobiles are back in stock? Are you hoping they will just give up?

There was a time on live chat on the 26th of December, that I was even questioned by "Tyler", very rudely, "Well, why didn't you order it, when it was availble?". As the Optus deal was ending on the 03rd of January, I was able to go ahead and take the offer up to midnight on this date. This livechat operator was also insisting my daughter wasn't eligible for this plan as she wasn't 18 - DO THE MATHS, My daughter was turning 18 on the 02nd of Jan, 2000.

The amount of times you came on to YES CROWD advising existing and new customers, that no waitlist existed, is unbelievable. I'm hoping that you've gone back to recover their contact details and called them one by one personally, and offered them the deal. This has shown how an organisation like OPTUS, has lost it's focus on the most important thing of all - CUSTOMER'S, without them you don't have a business, nor do you have a job. I suggest you take this as a good learning curve of how not to treat your customers as if they don't matter!  I personally, have lost faith in your organisation and just like most Business's, it's all about the sales as, I can tell you you've definantely lost your focus on your customer service. Maybe you and all your staff need to go back and discuss how you can all move forward and change your behaviours, to not only achieve customer satisfaction again but, most importantly have us all trust you. What a negative, pathetic experience!

Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Mia123,

All the points you've made are perfectly valid.

I can't speak for  other areas of the business but as far as our jobs as moderators and social media respondents are concerned, we tried our hardest to source whatever information we could from the areas of the business involved in the campaign. Given that it was the holiday period, we didn't have an official direct point of contact. I tried extremely hard to help each and every customer that came through YC with their order enquiry. Frankly there was a lot of confusion across the board with different sales channels following which ever directive they were given. 

I've since approached as many customers I could find to let them know that their details had been captured and directed them through to the right channel. 

I can assure that we've received enough feedback to ensure the business puts measures in place to avoid this sort of thing from ever happening again. Moderators aren't involved in the sales, marketing, planning or operational side of things. We rely on internal communication which we'll then relay back to our customers. We're also responsible for reporting trends as soon as they're identified within our space. 

As I've offered to do in the past, I'll gladly confirm whether we do have your details logged in the data base. 

http://yesopt.us/pmdan. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor TomAldrich
New Contributor

Hi Dan_C,

I sent you a PM on Monday however you haven't read or received it. I'm still hoping that this issue can be resolved, however I realise that you probably have a lot of messages to go through!

Looking forward to your response.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Sorry@TomAldrich, I've replied back. I'll chat with you there! 

0 Kudos
New Contributor jabroni
New Contributor

Hi Dan

im pretty sure i live chatted before the 3/1/18 as i was trying to get it done in store before end of last year only to be told they dont do trade in store and i had to go online. of course once i went online i was told no trade ins only pay out contracts and thus had to go in store.

obviously over the next few days i decided it would be quicker to pay out my contract but the phone had sold out. So ive PM'ed you as i forgot the live chat id number

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@jabroni, I've replied back to your PM Smiley Happy We've definitely logged your details.