cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Contributor Mia123
Contributor

Re: iphone 8 on $59 plan with 20GB a month

I have a copy of my chat from one of the Livechat operators, who actually advised it doesn't state "Until stock runs out" on their website.

Contributor Mia123
Contributor

I agree and also suggest you bring this to the attention of "CHOICE". They're an organisation who are the voice of consumers.

Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @Mia123, again, I completely get where you're coming from and I mean that.

If you'd successfully placed an order for the iPhone 8 on the $59.00 promo plan then yes you're entitled to receive the offer that you'd signed up for. We haven't gone back to customers and advised that we're no longer able to fulfil their order. We've simply withdrawn the iPhone 8 from the offering as we've run out of stock. The $59.00 promo plan is still valid up until the 3/1/18 for eligible handsets.

Under Australian Consumer Law section 35

It is illegal to engage in this conduct where goods or services are advertised for sale at a discounted price, and they are not available in reasonable quantities and for a reasonable period at that price.

If for example we'd advertised the $59 promo with the iPhone 8 but had a small - limited number of handsets in stock then I could concede that's there's been some wrongdoing. We had a reasonable number of iPhones in stock. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor Mia123
Contributor

Hi Dan,

Before responding, you seriously need to get your facts right! Optus live chat is taking back orders, I have copies of all the chats and I have submitted all the details in regards to the Iphone plan and correspondence with your incompetant live chat staff. Never in my 15 years of working in Customer Service have I had such a bad experience, in particular one staff member.

I having worked for a Telco organisation, would have been dismissed on the spot if I had spoken to a customer in the way your live chat operator spoke to me yesterday afternoon. Having been an Optus customer for so many years now, I can certainly say your customer service etiquette has surely dropped.

The Iphone 8 at $59.00 should have stated "Until stock runs out", I also have a copy of the terms and conditions and is now in the hands of the Ombudsman. One thing I have had enough of, is the lies and cover up of oransations like yourselves, Optus. The time when you could pull the wool over customers eyes, is surely not in the day and age.

Contributor Mia123
Contributor

The Optus live chat team is one of the worst customer service experiences I've ever had. Demand they put this on back order for you and don't leave the chat without a reference number. They're advising I'm on back order for the Iphone 8 at $59.00 which is going to be very interesting to see what happens from here. All I can say, is screen shot all your chats as this will come in handy when you attach the documentation to the TIO.

Contributor Mia123
Contributor

I've spoken to two live chat operators and both of them have "apparently" placed the Iphone 8 at $59.00 on back order. Please keep all your copies of your chat and jot down your reference number once back ordered. The strange thing is, I visitied an Optus store and they advised they had plenty Iphone 8's in stock.

Contributor Mia123
Contributor

Isn't is strange that the live chat team are back ordering and Mr Dan is advertising it can't be... Oh boy, seems like the lack of comminication is going to land Optus in hot water..... Please take the time to put your details through to the TIO, it takes less than five minutes.

Contributor Mia123
Contributor

I have a screen shot of all the terms and cond's and the special Optus advertised and, you're correct, It doesn't state neither. TIO only takes a few minutes to put your details through.

New Contributor br3nd0
New Contributor

I must admit the last 2 chat's I've had with LiveChat staff have been fruitless. Whilst I don't want te iPhone 8 I do want the Huawei Mate 10 Pro but the website says out of stock. If it's out of stock then can't they just remove it? Or do we live in some false hope that "oh, maybe it will be back in stock before the deal ends...." I would suggest extending the deal for those that missed out.

Contributor Mia123
Contributor

Hi Dan,

I've been waiting for a respons from you very patiently.... Just wondering why your livechat team took my details, provided me with a reference and advised I was on the back order list, for the Iphone 8, $59.00. I have copies of the chats, the names of the operators and was even provided with a reference.

Are you now going to tell me that you're not able to wear it? I have it in writing which is going to hold you accountable. As far as I'm concerned, with the copies of my chats on the 30th of december, I'll fight it till I get the outcome I want and, what was promised by your Optus staff members... Again, this was both on the 26th and the 30th. Are you now going to go back on your word?

Having worked in customer service, if you've been given false information by a team member of a particular organisation and, have the proof and the promise, OPTUS will have to honour it.

Thanks