Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
sinners007
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

ipad plan upgrade issue

A friend bought an ipad in June 2017 on the $35 p/m 10GB ipad plan (24 month contract). Today we went in-store & tried to change to the $50 p/m 25GB (+25GB bonus) ipad plan, but we were told it can only be done if we cancel the contract, pay a $378 fee then re-contract. Thinking that info was incorrect, we tried to update the plan via live-chat & 2 different reps, but got the same answer. Is this the normal Optus policy when people try to increase their plans? I understand you can't decrease a plan during a contract period, but I've never heard of an issue when trying to increase a plan. We asked what if we doubled the monthly fee and took the $70 plan and got the same answer. These plans are all part of the same MMB Plus line of mobile broadband plans. The Critical Information Summary says going to a higher plan isn't an issue. We are confused & looking for guidance.

* the $35 p/m 10GB plan hasn't changed during this period and can be found here along with the $50 & $70 plans.

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/tablet/devices/apple-ipad-9-7?plan=35

0 Kudos
2 Replies
10000000000GB
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: ipad plan upgrade issue

I tried to ask optus chat why they would not let you upgrade, but the chatbot who answered was not capable of answering the question unless i had a tablet plan

0 Kudos
Toomey
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: ipad plan upgrade issue

The double data promotion is only available for new or recontracting services. You should be able to do a rate plan change to the 25GB plan, but the bonus data would only be included if you were to recontract.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos