cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

incorrect International Caller ID on recipients phone

Hi All

I made an overseas call to my brother in the UK and the caller ID displaying on his phone was from 

Czech Republic  followed by 61*********. Has anyone encountered this before.

TIA

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: incorrect International Caller ID on recipients phone

Hi @ricknsuz 

It would seem that your phone is sending the right number, as "61" is the country code for Australia, which would then be followed by your landline number (including the area code but removing the initial zero - eg 61280825678),or "61" followed by your mobile number (minus the leading zero - eg 61411000321).

The IDD code for Czech Republic is 420, so either the receiving network is interpreting it incorrectly, or some software on the receiving phone needs updating.

Spoiler
Please note that I am not employed by Optus and as such any views are my own and the information provided is (at best) general only. It does not take into account your dreams, aspirations or financial circumstances.

---

Please note that I am not employed by Optus and as such any views are my own and the information provided is (at best) general only and does not take into account your dreams, aspirations or financial circumstances.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors