cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor Manuveer
New Contributor

iPhone xs max pre order

I pre ordered the iPhone xs max during the pre order week, since then all I have received is 2 emails stating my order is still being processed and 1 asking me to confirm my email address. After not receiving any further emails for a week I decided to go on the Optus online chat service, and spoke to a sales rep that said he couldn’t do anything about it and could not provide me with an estimated time of arrival. I expressed to him the current situation of my phone (damaged) and that I need to use my phone for work purposes, which is why I pre-ordered the iPhone in the first place. He told me he understood the situation but could do nothing to help me. Meanwhile here are people who can go into a store like Vodafone and pick up a new phone on the spot. I think this is seriously bad customer service and it is clear Optus does not care about its customers. A day later I went into my local Optus store where the staff didn’t even want to look in my direction. When I approached them to ask about iPhone stock he simply said no we don’t have any and brushed me off. As a new customer to Optus I am shocked that this is the kind of response I get after paying a hell of a lot of money for the new iPhone xs max. 

0 Kudos
20 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: iPhone xs max pre order

Having handed over the money you're pretty much at the mercy of the company. Pre-Orders are of little benefit to customers IMO. Essentially your order is now in an indeterminate queue and will arrive when stock levels permit. You'll have no further contact from Optus until that day arrives.

Until then spend another $29 and grab a temp phone for your work (or presumably you've got an older model lying around somewhere?)

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor Manuveer
New Contributor

So this massive company’s solution to my problems is to go out of my way and buy another phone because the company can’t deliver on their promises? That’s a joke. 

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

In fairness that's my suggested solution to your apparent immediate problem. Optus just requires patience, but its a bit of a blcak box process. 

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Contributor Rubofthegreen
Contributor

Spoiler

Dont quote me on this but I heard that Optus wouldn't have any stock until the 4th October and then it will depend on your position in the queue and whether they run out again....Yes Im waiting also

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor kvassar88
Occasional Contributor

I ordered 2 Xs Max phones on Sept 19th (one gold and one black).

On Sept 21 - I got 2 emails saying both orders are still on track.

Sept 23 - I got an email saying they needed to talk to me about 1 of my orders - turns out they just needed to confirm I was okay with paying out the contract on 1 (they waived the other) - which I had actually already confirmed I was okay with when I first ordered via chat online. So once again, I confirmed that was fine.

Later that day, I got an Order Confirmation email (for the black phone) with an order reference number, but the tracking still said "raincheck".

Sept 25 - I followed up via chat specifically for my other phone (gold one) that had not received confirmation, and Optus said it was being processed and I just had to wait.

Sept 27 - I got an email saying the (black) phone had left the warehouse.

Sept 28 (this morning) - I got a text from startrack saying the phone would be delivered today.

- So via chat I asked if it was both orders together or just one - and Optus said that 1 phone was being delivered but the other phone was still unconfirmed. When I asked why (since I had already spoken to sales via phone) they "strongly recommended" I call sales back.
- I called the sales team, and she apologized for the confusion, and said both phones had not received confirmation and that I just had to wait until they had stock again.

- 10 minutes later, the black phone arrives at my house. (!!!!) So she either lied or it's a mess over there.

- I called the sales team AGAIN, and this other person said that the remaining phone was still on backorder and had not been confirmed due to stock, so I just had to wait for further notice.

Anyone else been through this? I assume it's because the gold color is in high demand, and they had to confirm my payment (twice) which is pretty bad, as I ordered both phones at the same time... 

Forgive me if I'm no longer confident in Optus when they just tell me to hang tight and wait...

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

There are a number of customers waiting on their pre-order@kvassar88

The majority of those who'd placed their own on the pre-order launch date (the 14th), have received their handset.

Anyone else been through this? I assume it's because the gold color is in high demand, and they had to confirm my payment (twice) which is pretty bad, as I ordered both phones at the same time

Which model of handset were you still waiting on, XS or XS MAX, and storage capacity?

Gold Xs

64Gb: Delivers within 3 weeks 

256Gb: Delivers in 1-2 weeks

512Gb: Delivers in 3 weeks

Gold Xs Max

64Gb: Back order 

256Gb: Delivers in 2 weeks 

512Gb: Back order

If a handset is on back order, we're waiting on stock arrival confirmation from Apple. I really couldn't narrow down a time-frame. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor kvassar88
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for replying! @Dan_C

My order was for Xs Max 256gb Gold..... ordered the same in black and that arrived today.

Just irritated that the order wasn't processed together because Optus needed to ask me for confirmation that I already gave when I ordered.

I know that you guys are dealing with a lot of complaints, and it's a stock issue, but the run-around and me needing to chase and call 3x a week becuase I've been given conflicting information is very irritating.

But if you think 2 weeks, I'll just have to live with that.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

It's always hard with Apple stock. I'm sure you've heard this over and over again, but it's not as simple as requesting more devices from Apple.

Supply always exceeds demand.

I'm sorry that the communication hasn't been great. We're always here if you need us.

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Simleeb
Occasional Contributor

@Dan_C

When you say the IPhone XS Max 64gb Gold is on backorder, does that apply to people who placed the order during the pre-order weekend? 

Or is it only for people who have just ordered it now? 

2 weeks and still waiting for further updates 😭

0 Kudos