Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
MandaLPanda
New Contributor
New Contributor

iPhone not receiving messages from Android

Hi,
I use my iPhone 11 frequently to send messages out to my team however recently it has stopped receiving messages from anyone with an android phone, I switched back to my iPhone XS Max because I never had the issue with my old phone before however it is also not receiving messages from Android numbers, it’s to the stage where I have to message my team from a 3rd party app (WhatsApp) just to be able to receive a reply.

I know the team are sending messages back as they have shown me on their phones their responses to my messages.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Kyri_YC

Re: iPhone not receiving messages from Android

Hey there @madalpanda. It's not great to hear that you are having some troubles receiving messages from Android devices on your iPhone.

A fault in your iPhone settings could be the reason why this is occurring. So, make sure that the SMS/MMS settings of your Messages app aren’t changed. 

To check Messages app settings, go to Settings > Messages > and then make sure that SMS, MMS, iMessage, and Group messaging are turned on.

If you try this and are still having troubles, I recommend getting in touch with our Support team via the My Optus app, as they will be able to investigate this issue in further detail for you. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Top Contributors