cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Contributor xyberhanz
Contributor

Re: iPhone XS Max eSim

If you have issues scanning the QR CODE given to you by Optus, make sure you remove your sim card and connect to wifi when adding the plan. That became an issue when I added the plan on my iPhone. By removing the physical sim card and connecting to wifi solved the issue. You can actually use wifi from the store when adding/scanning the Esim QR code from Optus.  Or if you don’t want to remove the sim card. Just put your phone to airplane mode but make sure you connect to a wifi network.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Tenguan
Occasional Contributor

Hi.. if your esim is not working confirm with the Optus support Officer that your account is on the Jarvis server and not the older SOS server. I could not get an esim because my account was on the SOS server.

Am waiting for my account to be migrated to Jarvis.. Just don't know when it will happen. Gotta keep checking at an Optus store every few weeks. It's a pain but I really need an esim. 

0 Kudos
Contributor xyberhanz
Contributor

Optus will not issue you esim QR code for your plan if you’re on the old system. If you received the esim QR code that means you’re on the new system. If that is the case, you just need add the plan on your iPhone using wifi. 

Note: make sure you are connected to a wifi when adding the plan on your phones esim. Coz once they transferred your sim plan to esim, your sim will stop working and you need connection to activate your esim on your phone.. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Tenguan
Occasional Contributor

Received esim today since my account has been migrated to the Jarvis server within the past week or earlier.

Thanks Optus and Rohan at Macquarie Centre.

Occasional Contributor joethemobile
Occasional Contributor

When are they going to release an electronic QR, perhaps via the Optus App or request via email? It seems the main purpose of eSIM is to avoid manufacturing plastics used on regular SIM, but still, they are using cards for the QR.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I've heard that is planned however no known timeline.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor gtown71
Occasional Contributor

September 2019 and Optus Goulburn told me today they don't have the QR cards to convert to esim. What is happening OPTUS?

0 Kudos