Searching...

Mobile

Re: iPhone XS Max eSim

Tenguan

Esim is definitely here. But found out that my iphone XS account is on one system and I could not convert to Esim until my details are migrated to another system. From what I could catch of the discussion between the Optus customer service staff is that

mine is on SOS system and could not be converted to Esim. Only those iphones on JARVIS can move to Esim. My question: I got new Optus postpaid account specifically so I can use Esim. The irony? I cannot go to Esim. So when can my account be migrated to JARVIS? The nice customer service lady could not give me an answer. One senior said some SOS accounts are migrated to JARVIS in one day of opening... I have had my account for a month. Still on SOS. So here I sit, eager to go to Esim and biting my nails BUT have no idea when I can do it. Can anyone at Optus help?

Thanks

Paddylee

Jarvis migrations are in batches, im suprised you were put on old system (unless you had other services previously) 

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

Tenguan

Yes, i am old customer and I signed up from call centre. I guess the call centre was plugged into old system.

Tenguan

also have Optus broadband for years.. maybe that's why

xyberhanz

Where did u go to get the esim? Or just called OPTUS. From the website says select stores have the QR card available to convert your sim to esim starting March 27. Went to OPTUS flagship store in George St but was told they don’t have the QR card yet. 

Tenguan

I know two places have it. Optus at Westfield Chatswood and the one at Macquarie Centre.

xyberhanz

When’s the last time you checked? Might go to Chatswood after work  if they still have it.

xyberhanz

Thanks bud. Optus Westfield Bondi Junction have stocks too. Just activated my esim on my phone. 

Note: make sure you are connected to a wifi when adding the plan on your phones esim. Coz once they transferred your sim plan to esim, your sim will stop working and you need connection to activate your esim on your phone.. 

Alistar

Hey eveyone, here are some handy tips on eSIM for the iPhone to get you started.

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/esim-for-iphone-what-you-need-to-know?requestType=Norma...

If you have any further questions, please comment below Smiley Happy

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Highlighted

jake281198

today i went down to my local optus store and got an esim in the hopes i could transfer my post paid plan onto it the same way you can change physical sims, unfortunatly after adding the sim to my phone through settings i hvae had no luck getting it to work or even get close to attatching my number to the sim. any support on this topic? i was super excited to see this today but i now have my normal sim and an esim with no plan attatched

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
9 Kudos
7 Kudos
4 Kudos
4 Kudos
3 Kudos