cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
Contributor xyberhanz
Contributor

iPhone XS Max eSim

Any update on esim with OPTUS? I just wanted to convert my physical OPTUS SIM card to an esim so I can use the actual SIM card slot with another sim card  when I travel overseas. Thanks.

0 Kudos
26 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: iPhone XS Max eSim

Currently not supported and with no announcements as to when it will be supported.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
0 Kudos
Contributor xyberhanz
Contributor

OPTUS Esim

Any update on the esim for iPhone XS? New operators  overseas are offering esim now and mostly from Europe and Asian countries. Why not offer it in Australia? I know the fact that the esim will make it easy for customers to change switch to other telcos offering cheaper deals and prolly the fear of most telco, but why not offer it to POSTPAID customers? If we have a contract with Optus meaning we can’t just leave or switch telcos easily not unless we add another service from other telcos with our existing service with Optus. 

Please Optus.

Tags (1)
New Contributor TKG
New Contributor

Re: OPTUS Esim

I agree to this requirement.

Since the manufacturer have already released their hardware to take advantage of this features, i think the Operators like Optus or Telstra or Vodafone must release the feature immediately. It makes the life of the user easy because we can have 2 sims (personal and work) together and can be more useful.

Also, if the operators play game like this, then the manufacturer will definitely release 2 physical sim based hardware. Like Samsung, already does for in even high end mobiles.

I hope optus will listen to this requirement and release this feature immediately.

This will give Optus on upper hand over other operators. It is more useful than even 5G enabled network.

Thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

esim for iphones released publically yesterday.

https://optus.com.au/esim

Postpaid only.

Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
New Contributor TKG
New Contributor

Thank you very much for the update.

Hope this information "Optus enables ESims for iPhones XS & XS Max" will help millions of consumers.

Contributor xyberhanz
Contributor

Thanks for the update. On my way to OPTUS store now to get my QR code for my esim. Hehe. 

0 Kudos
Contributor xyberhanz
Contributor

Went to the OPTUS flagship store in George st and they don’t have a clue about converting sim to esim. They are not helpful at all and rude. 

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Selected stores will start to stock the QR cards from March 27, 2019. The cards will be available in all stores by April 12, 2019.

So looks like you would have to wait a little longer then.

Contributor xyberhanz
Contributor

Yea selected stores but I went to the flagship store in Sydney.. it’s a big store next to Apple with no customers at all. I just can’t wait to convert my Optus sim to esim so I can use my other sim as well in one phone. 

0 Kudos