Searching...

Mobile

iPhone XS Delivery (And waiting time)

Gavin94

Don't know if there's any actual solution to this but apart from automatic emails telling me that my order is still in progress, delays, and so on, I've never gotten any actual update on my order. I've had to constantly check with the Sales team, LiveChat and there's no actual progress.

I pre-ordered my iPhone XS on 20-Sept and no update on back orders, order confirmation, and so on. Everytime I asked for an update, they simply told me that my order was in the batch and I needed to wait. When I called to follow up again and the team member advised they'll process my order, they said I need to undergo a credit check and it'll take 24 hours. Fast forward 24 hours and they said I need to wait another 24 hours.

This is a joke that Optus has provided 0 real updates. I've had to constantly check in and they keep failing to meet their deadlines. Considering my order hasn't even been confirmed (almost 2 weeks on) I'm pretty sure I won't get my phone for another few weeks.

This is appalling service honestly, and everytime I have to call back and be told there's some other issue, I lose my faith in Optus. Surely I'm not the only one that wants to cancel and move to another provider? This has been the most painful process I've had to go through. 

Re: iPhone XS Delivery (And waiting time)

Robbiel

Made worse by the fact that the devices are listed on the website as delivers in 1 week. The notional “Warehouse” has no idea when it is getting shipments in.  Customer service actually told me to cancel my order and order online. Thanking this to the TIO for misleading advertising to get them to add a statement next to “delivers in 1week” stating - we have no stock and cannot give delivery times. You order is number ... in the queue. 

Tris

Hi @gavin, apologies you've had trouble getting support with this. It's disappointing the information has been inconsistent. So you haven't received the initial order notification with an order number at all? Generally speaking updates relating to the actual delivery and tracking won't be sent out until hardware is allocated to your order and the order status changes. If you'd like to send a PM with your full name, order or phone number and DOB I can try to get an update for you. Should you want to cancel the request, please chat with our Sales Support team

@Robbiel, just regarding what you've seen on the website around availability, delivery time frames are an estimate and also different depending on which variant is selected. With stock levels changing so rapidly it can be difficult to give an exact time frame. I can appreciate lots of orders have been delayed and that you're frustrated, we are working on getting everyone's out as soon as we can though.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Robbiel

Thanks for the attempted response - but I have it confirmed that there is no stock in the warehouse for the Space Grey 64Gb iPhoneXS. This phone is advertised on the website on 27 Sep as delivers in 2 weeks and 3 Oct as delivers in 1 week. My pre-order placed on 20 Sep for the same device still can’t even get an estimate on its delivery time. In fact customer service advised me to cancel my pre-order today to take advantage of the “faster delivery time” with th online order. This is a blatant case of misleading advertising particularly in relation to pre-orders which were advertised as securing your device early. 

Optus is attempting to lure in new customers with misleading promises of a handset delivering within a week - despite telling existing customers that it has “no idea when the deliveries are coming in to its warehouse”. If it can provide an estimate to prospective customers on the website, then it can do the same to actual customers once they have placed their order. 

I have raised this with via a formal complaint with Ombudsman and encourage everyone else in the same boat to do so

Robbiel
Highlighted

Kcm1y

I’ve been having this EXACT conversation with them!! How can you say online 1 week, and to those of us who have already ordered “sorry, NO IDEA, when you’ll get it?? You either do or don’t know, so they are clearly lying to someone! 

rc88

I did my preorder for the exact same device on the 15th and am in the same boat. Beyond frustrated.

Bird92k

I too am having the same issue. Ordered as soon as preorder became live via the website and still have not received it. It stated “delivers from 27th Sep”, and then a few hours later changed to “delivers from 4th Oct”, then it was advertised as backorder and now states delivers from one week?! from my understanding backorders take up to 3 weeks. However there is still no notification as to what is happening. 

Kcm1y

I’ve just had an email to say my phone has been dispatched.

Dan_C

Can we grab some details? Send us a private message with your full name, DOB and order number. 

We'll get in touch with product and find out why there's been so much confusion.

Good to hear @Kcm1y

@Bird92k, have you received an email or SMS from us today? 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
9 Kudos
7 Kudos
4 Kudos
4 Kudos
3 Kudos