Searching...

Mobile

iPhone X in store order - does anyone have it yet?

JenniferInglis

Hi, I ordered my iPhone X in store. Just wondering if anyone has been contacted by their store yet to say if it’s arrived?

when i ordered they said 2 weeks, I rang yesterday and they said another 2 weeks :-( 

i know online orders are starting to arrive now and people have their phones. Sooooo exciting. 

Re: iPhone X in store order - does anyone have it yet?

smithers

Im in the same boat as you having or order 2 of them in store I haven't heard anything from them since I did the pre-order on Saturday the 28th.

Jessd52

I ordered online on the 27th as soon as the preorders opened and I still don’t have mine. I’ve been told all different dates. 

lincoln

Seems like in-store orders are completely at the bottom of the chain in terms of fulfilling... 

I ordered my on the day it opened up, the Optus staffer told me it would be better to pre-order then come in the following week and that I'd get one in a week or so. 

I walked into the store the following Saturday (launch day) to see if I could pick up my pre-ordered phone. I asked them if they had the iPhone X in - they said they had four in stock, but I couldn't have one because I pre-ordered. Which made no sense to me at all - we have phones you can't have because you pre-ordered. Then they told me they had no stock at all, then back to phones I couldn't have, then finished with there's no stock in-store. Was all entertaining haha. 

And now, I've just gotten information from Optus support (online) that they can't even find my order and if they do find it I'll be waiting 12weeks.  I'm going to cancel my account with Optus in the morning - I'm new, and have 30 days - as the reception is spotty and voicemail is terrible. Back to Telstra I go... 

Sucks when I could have got the phone the following week just walking in. Definitely mismanaged expectations here by Optus... 

NexusQ1

checking forums on Telstra, it appears to be a similar stock issue.

lincoln

yeah, i can't imagine stock is open anywhere now (which is frustrating since i pre-ordered), but i'll shift to pre paid and just sit on my 7...

and at least at telstra the reception is good and they have voicemail that isn't stuck in the 90's

also, staff seem better there too (subjective)

KC15

Hey, I ordered in store first thing on the 28/10. I was told that they would post it to my home address rather than pick it up from the store. I used the online chat and was told it would be in the next batch which was due to arrive to Optus on the 9/11. Anyway, today I got an email saying my phone was on it's way so hopefully this is the case for you too Smiley Happy Might be worth asking on the chat to get a better idea! 

JenniferInglis

OMG- That’s so exciting for you. Hopefully you’ll get it Monday, don’t think it will deliver on the weekend.....

I just finished on the live chat and they couldn’t tell me anything. I have to pick up my iPhone X in store because I’m trading in my old iPhone 7+. I haven’t heard anything from the store. I call them and they said I can get updates from the live chat, contact live chat and they said they “cannot” check in store pre-orders only the store can. 

I’m happy to wait (not like some people on here) I just want a realistic timeframe. 

Hopefully it arrives this week for both of us! 

Let me know when yours arrives - fingers crossed :-)

JenniferInglis

Update for everyone, I went into my local store today and my usual girl was on. She’s lovely and all the updates she gave when I ordered 7+ was correct. She is hopeful that my phone will arrive this week but she told me that all instore orders should be fulfilled within the first 6 weeks. Will 100% get the phone before Xmas. 

Im happy to wait because there is nothing wrong with my 7+ I would just like a realistic update. 

smithers

I went in store today as well and saw one of the guys who i've been dealing with for over 4 years and pretty good with his information. He told me should be next week, when i asked if both of X  I order would be in he wanted to make sure of what one's i want and told him silver in 256gb for both. He actually went to the computer and logged in and looked it up for me and told me early next week or possibly late this week so here hoping there light at the end of the tunnel. Cause I've already paid one contract out so one of my family could have my old 7plus and the moment using a 5 and it is killing me slow and can't see anything on it. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
18 Kudos
6 Kudos
5 Kudos
4 Kudos
3 Kudos