Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor kakkalla
Occasional Contributor

iPhone X app not updating usage

When will Optus get its Yes app working correctly?

Every time I try to update my usage, I get the message "System Unavailable. We're having technical difficulties." This has been going on since 21 March, 11 days ago, when the app last updated my usage.

If I log on the website, I am able to see my usage, but not through the app.

How about getting this problem fixed Optus? Surely 11 days is enough to get it fixed. I'll tell you now, that if I go over my limit, I will NOT be paying any extra charges.

Fix the problem!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

Re: iPhone X app not updating usage

Hi @kakkalla, sorry to hear that's been the case 😞

Can you please confirm what version of the app you having running? If you delete and reinstall over 3G/4G does it make a difference? 

Can you also clarify what type of handset you have? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I am running My Optus 4.14.2. I have it running on an iPhone X running the very latest software version 11.3. However, the problem was present even before the upgrade to 11.3.

I will delete the app and reinstall it as you suggest. Can I just say that this is a ridiculous situation?

What differeence would it make if I install the app over the mobile network or via WiFi? How can this POSSIBLY affect the app working correctly? Are you serious?

I was with Vodafone for 4 years before coming back to Optus. Not ONCE did I have to reinstall the Vodafone app. It just kept working without any issues, unlike I have with this app.

Let me just say that I am keeping all these emails etc. If I get charged for going over my limit, I will make sure the ombudsman has proof that your app was responsible, not me.

Thanks for your reply and I will be back here if reinstalling the app does not work.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I have reinstalled the app, the same version (4.14.2), over wifi.

It now shows my usage to be 0%, as my data rolled over at midnight. This is good.

So the same software version of your app on the same phone, and presto, the usage is now working. How ridiculous is this? Every time the usage on the app stops updating, do I have to reinstall it? I think your software engineers needs to look at this app and fix it!

What a waste of my time.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor RonB
Occasional Contributor

Hello Optus Technical Team,

It seems you have been receiving numerous messages stating that the OPTUS APP is not showing data usage --- "System Unavailable". I too am experiencing this. You guys have been suggesting to delete, re-install, install the APP many many times.... however it seems it does not work, Obviouslly something is wrong with the APP. Maybe instead of suggesting the re-install and install process over and over again, can you just acknowledge that Optus is trying to fix the APP?

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@RonB, can you send us a screenshot of the app as it appears on your iPhone 6S Plus?

You can send that through via private message. I'll forward it across to our app team. I'll confirm if they've been made aware of the issue. 

If you're on the desktop version of Yes Crowd, you can attach a screenshot by selecting the highlighted icon below:

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor RonB
Occasional Contributor

done. check your mail.

thanks

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Thanks @RonB

I've got it. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors