Searching...

Mobile

Re: iPhone X Pre-order & Back-order

NexusQ1

Some Optus stores have stock. Only a very small amount of people i believe received their pre-orders on time, which we won't see them talking about it, here is for people who usually have issues Smiley Tongue

Piority is in Apple Stores and other retail carriers in the US and China which took a big share of handsets. for 3/11 Launch and Limited pre-order. Because this iPhone is a BIG deal, so they want as much positive news about how long the lines are... So most stock were diverted even in Australia to the Apple Stores, there is a story about someone's phone been recalled by Optus.

If you "order" after 3/11 then your stock should be on back-order. ALL the Optus staff are way too optimistic about this when you ordered, either they are optimistic, or Apple (this is what Optus is blaming) have suddenly reduced the Allocations midway through the pre-order or even order. 

People who "pre-ordered (T number doesn't count) / confirmed (7 digit number)" before 2/11, should have their iPhones ready for the next 3 weeks.

Yintercept

I preordered on the 27th.  Still no update

Jodyrudlin

Hey there.

i saw your post and remembered when I orderded my Iphone x in the 4th of November 17 I had realised that I got a temporary order number when I ordered online. I didn’t think anything of it but decided to check in with the sales team over the phone Monday morning. I called in and spoke to a guy who told me yes everything is fine and has been approved and I can’t tell you when you will get your phone but it should be before the end of November. He then said you will get a proper order number once the stock is in our warehouse ... me being the Eagar person that I am I decided to go online and live chat to check in on my order and this was on the 7th November 17. The guy then told me my order had not even been PROCESSED yet. ( I was filled with rage as I’ve literally been mislead over the phone thinking everything was fine and if I had not went online I would be waitinf basically for nothing. The online sales guy took all my details again basically like I was trying to buy the phone from scratch. I did a credit check- got approved and then he had told me my order was finally processed and this was in the afternoon. Early evening  around 6:00pm I received my order confirmation with my tracking link and now I know I’m just waiting on stock. I reckon for you mate, go ahead and call them to find out if your order has been processed properly. 

FYI this is not the first time this has happened to me with Optus. Not happy about it as now I might not make that last November batch as they stuffed up my order and I had to re order at a later date...

Yintercept

Ahhh that's so crap. I definitely do have an order no.  It just says "in progress".  Been like that for a while.  The guy on chat says they are waiting on stock. Judging from this post, guess I didn't make the second batch either!

NexusQ1

is it a 7 digital number?

or is it an A number?

or is it an T number?

Jodyrudlin

I think AT numbers are temporary numbers. 7 digit numbers are proper Order numbers that are used to track your phones wareabouts.

if you still have an AT number make sure you call Optus and find out what is happening to your Order.

Jodyrudlin

It’s the 10th Nov 17 today. From whAt people have said on this thread the next shipment was the 9th. Seems my Order is still waiting to be in the warehouse. Guess I’m in the next shipment. Very sad.. I don’t want to wait 2 months to get my new phone and by that time the damn iPhone XI will be out 😑

[ Edited ]
melnz

I received my temp tracking number but hadnt receieved anything else for 2 weeks. I decided to  live chat with someone who told me my credit check hadnt even been done! I then have to call the sales team & I get approved after waiting for 30min on phone. Only then do I receive an email with my tracking number... for it to then say my order was placed on the 13th nov rather when i originally applied at 6.45pm on the 27th!!! So im at the very back of the line because of Optus' mistake. 

Highlighted

Moein

I ordered my iphone X on 27th oct but I got my confirmation email on 8th Nov and I'm still waiting for stock. My friend ordered 28th oct and got the confirmation on 3rd Nov and he has got his handset now.

All of us got an email with this subject "Important information about your order" that mentioned "In that email, we said we would confirm your order within 48 hours, however, due to high demand there has been a delay in this confirmation being sent. This does not impact your delivery timeframe."

That is not my fault that they confirm my order late. If the confirmation is important why they said this does not impact your delivery timeframe.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
16 Kudos
15 Kudos
9 Kudos
9 Kudos
8 Kudos