Searching...

Mobile Products & Network

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

iPhone X Pre-order & Back-order

Moein

Someone must explain this situation. It's quiet clear that there is a timetable in that company. Let us know how long we should wait for it....

Solution

Re: iPhone X Pre-order & Back-order

anthonyn

After Calling up every hour and annoying Optus (because thats the only way to get information out of them) I have sum together when the next batches of iPhones will arrive at their warehouse. 

03/11/2017 - First Batch

09/11/2017 - Second Batch

14/11/2017 - Third Batch 

21/11/2017 - Fourth Batch

Thats all the information that I have gotten from them at this point. it seems that there are people who have ordered on the 27/10/2017 that still have not received there phones so they will become priority. If you have not received a confirmation email it will likely mean your phone will come on or after the fourth batch. 

Again i am not 100% certain however this is what Optus employees have accidently slipped to me. 

Hope I helped someone.

NexusQ1

thanks, now i can do a webchat and to ensure i get the iPhone this week!!!!

Anarkii

I pre-ordered 2 hours after they went live, all I have so far for me is 'We're waiting for your item to arrive at our warehouse. You will receive an SMS when it is dispatched. You can check the status here or call us on 1800 555 295 for anything else.'

There has been no phone call to confirm order, but I have had a email with a tracking number (just 8 digits). Hopefully as mentioned we will be in that 9/11 shipment. 

anthonyn

HEADS UP TO ANYONE THAT STATES THE FOLLOWING: 

"'We're waiting for your item to arrive at our warehouse. You will receive an SMS when it is dispatched. You can check the status here or call us on 1800 555 295 for anything else.'"

No one at all! Will know if you will receive your iPhone on the 9th! Optus will send you a text message as soon as it arrives (on the 9th) letting you know you will have one. If you do receive a text message you WILL get your phone 2-3 days. We will all find out and get the confirmation text message on the day the phone arrives in the warehouse. 

NexusQ1

That has been the status for me since 1/11 17:20pm when the order was confirmed. I am not holding my breathe for this, and the webchat people are not friendly and don't do any of the apologizing etc.. they shoould apologize for Optus. They attempt to blame this on Apple not given them stock.

Patatwan

i preordered my phone at 5:02pm on the 27th and have only gotten an email saying my order has been recived. I would definetly have to be close to the start of the line and if i get it on the fourth batch or after i will be pissed.

JenniferInglis

This sounds like they will be filling online orders as a priority. People like me who pre-ordered theirs in store will probably be left for later delivery. There is no communication for orders that are allocated to stores for customers who are waiting. I did the $99 upgrade so I need to keep my iPhone 7+ in perfect condition or else I won’t be able to do the update because I have to return my current handset. My store told me I was the 3rd pre order in person so I should get mine on 03.11...... still waiting. 

smithers

I had to order in store cause I was paying one phone contract out and doing the $99 upgrade, when I said will you be open at 601pm got told that cause your getting it in store we cant preorder till 9am on the next day. When asked why couldn't do it on the day of the pre order got told that optus is pushin on line sales. 

Order it the next day first in the store and still havent hear anyting, went into an optus store today and was told if you pre order in store that it would be at least 2 months to get the phone. Find this a bit rough seeing been with optus for over 23 years and have 4 phones with them. NOT HAPPY

JenniferInglis

2 months!!!!! My store said 4 weeks max but didn’t want to lock in any dates because then they get stuck. This is what’s wrong with this whole roll out. Priority for online customer, some of us HAD to go in store for the $99 upgrade and pay out old contracts. They were pretty relaxed in store and both the sales people I was speaking to said it wouldn’t be an extremely long wait. I’ll go into my store tomorrow and ask again. They’ve already swapped my plan over to iPhone X so technically I am paying for a phone I don’t even have. 

Post a Reply
iPhone X now available to order

Stock will be limited.Read More

Top Contributors
46 Kudos
27 Kudos
19 Kudos
19 Kudos
15 Kudos