Searching...

Mobile Products & Network

Highlighted

iPhone X Pre Order

GetsomeJC

Hey Everyone, 

So, I did it... I upgraded to the iPhone X (good plans too btw Optus!). 

I placed the order online relatively early when the ETA's were still 'From November 3rd', I received my Temporary Order email at 5:04pm (Brisbane local time), the next morning I received a text and email asking me to confirm which option I wanted to use as part of my early upgrade (i.e. $99 and return my phone, or payout the $570 on my handset). I selected to payout my handset, as I've already pre-sold it for $700. 

Last night, I got another text message stating that my order to upgrade my service has been successful, and I've been given a proper order number. 

My question... When I enter this order number into the 'Tracking' part of the Optus site, it just comes back saying it doesn't exist. How can I get an approx. ETA of the handset (and Watch too!)?

Thanks,

Re: iPhone X Pre Order

Talos63

From past experience, it takes some time for the orders to become viewable on the tracking page after you commit to the purchase. As the order moves through the Optus system it will show up. 

GetsomeJC

Thanks Talos,

I'm not sure whether the order number I have received is actually the tracking number, or just a generic order number though. 

My order number starts with an 'A' and is 10 digits long... I've read in a few places that tracking numbers are only 6/8 digits and are numeric only.

jongabad

order number will be included in the email that you'll receive from optus which you can use to track your order. I also tried entering the order number(Starts with A) that I received through SMS but that did not work. Hope you find this helpful

CarlosGS

I made the preorder relatively early as well, my confirmation email arrived a 5:10pm (Brisbane Time). However, as of now I still have not received my handset allocation confirmation nor have I received a propper order number. The email I received said that "Delivers from 3 November" so I think I made it? How long till I receive a proper order number + text message? Am I still within the timeframe? 

Thanks

PhilC

Hi @GetsomeJC I can confirm the order number your describing is valid! We've recently updated our systems which is why it looks a little different to one of the 8 digit order numbers. You can track this online via My Account →https://goo.gl/wCR5Ks or here →https://sttrackandtrace.startrack.com.au/

GetsomeJC

Thanks @PhilC - Any idea when you expect that orders will start moving through the Star Track system? i.e. When will we see tracking information/ETA updated?

Currently, I have no idea when I'm going to receive my new phone. 

Cheers

MouniraH

Hi All

By now you would have received an email from us with your temporary order number. In that email, we said we would confirm your order within 48 hours, however, due to high demand there has been a delay in this confirmation being sent. This does not impact your delivery timeframe.

Next steps

• There is no need to contact us - we have received your order. If we don’t contact you, it means we already have all the information we need.
  • We will be in touch if any further information is required, either by email or phone. Please ensure you’re keeping an eye on your inbox.
  • A final order confirmation will be sent containing the details you need to track your order.

We appreciate your patience. 

Thanks

Have you seen something helpful? Don't forget to give it a kudos. Asked a question and got an answer? Make sure you mark it as an accepted solution!

[ Edited ]
MouniraH

Hi GetsomeJac

No ETA as yet. Let me know if you are still unable to view any status updates through the online tracking system using your tracking order number.

Thanks

M

Have you seen something helpful? Don't forget to give it a kudos. Asked a question and got an answer? Make sure you mark it as an accepted solution!

[ Edited ]
GetsomeJC

Post a Reply
iPhone X now available to order

Stock will be limited.Read More

Top Contributors
46 Kudos
27 Kudos
19 Kudos
19 Kudos
15 Kudos