cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor ki7788
New Contributor

iPhone Waitlist

I, like many others, tried to order the iPhone 8 on the $59/month plan before the 3rd of January. I was placed on the waitlist because the phones were apparently out of stock. Yet, after the deal ends, the phones are back in stock. Funny thing is, if you ask the live chat operators when your waitlist order will be fulfilled they "haven't recieved official notice regarding this", but when you ask to purchase a new service on their currently available, more expensive plans, it's "all available and the phone will ship within 1-2 business days".

This isn't right, Optus. Could anybody shed some light on whether or not their waitlist order has been fulfilled at all or are we all better off just giving up now?

9 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: iPhone Waitlist

Hey @ki7788,

This issue has been brought to our attention by a number of YC contributors. The first time I heard anything about a $59.00 promo iPhone 8 waitlist was from another customer on YC who'd had the same experience with chat. We actually sent through feedback to the team asking that they stop offering this.

There is no such wait list for the iPhone 8 on the $59.00 promo plan. I'm sorry for any misinformation given to you at point of sale. We really should be setting the right expectation.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor Mia123
Contributor

Hi Dan,

So not only was Optus misleading customer's with the Iphone 8 $59.00 deal initially, so is your staff. As per my discussion with the TIO, I'm not only going to make OPTUS responsbile for every customer your livechat team "supposedly" placed orders of this deal on a waitlist but, I'm going to expose all your lies. I have copies of all my discussions with your team and as far as I'm concerned, this is going to be your undoing.  My biggest question to you Dan, is now that you've stopped taking orders on a waitlist, what are you going to say to your customers who were placed on this list?

ALL OF YOU NEED TO PUT YOUR COPIES OF YOUR CHAT, TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND, A COPY OF THE $59.00 OPTUS IPHONE 8 DEAL, NOT ONLY ALL OVER FACEBOOK, BUT ALSO ON THE CHOICE WEBSITE, ONCE IT'S BROUGHT TO THEIR ATTENTION EVERYONE WILL KNOW!!!!!!!!!!! IT ONLY TAKES A FEW MINUTES TO PUT ALL YOUR DETAILS THROUGH TO THE TIO!!!!!

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Mia123, as there is no such wait list, I'm not sure what obligation we're actually under. As I've said in the past, I'm not sure who gave the direction to offer a wait list but there's absolutely no incentive to offer customers a wait list. A sale isn't a sale until the customer has been signed up and they've received their handset.

Unless they'd signed you up to a SIM only plan under the proviso that you'd receive the iphone on the $59 promo at a later date then there's no remedy we can offer.

I really don't know what the TIO would be able to do in this sort of circumstance. They're not a point of contact for sales/offer disputes (unless you've been signed up to a plan and there have been issues with said service on said plan.) I'd think the ACCC would be more of an appropriate channel for your complaint.

If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor Mia123
Contributor

Dan, what is your title at Optus?  There seems to be no communication between you and the Optus live chat.....!

As of yesterday, (not going to mention any names but, I'm wanting everyone on YESCROWD to inform themselves better, than taking your feedback on board....

I have a close relative, who was signed up on the $59.00 plan yesterday, a credit check was performed and was advised, Iphone 8 will be delivered within a few days. Can you answer to this one Dan? Once the phone has arrived, I'll attach it to this chat, therefore you'll see if for yourself.

In fact, maybe I shouldn't call it lack of communications, it's all lies!!!!

Contributor Mia123
Contributor

As of yesterday afternoon, livechat operator advised Iphone 8 was in stock and proceeded to put the order through...  Don't listen to Dan, he obviously has his wires crossed.

New Contributor Libero
New Contributor

I also was put on the wait list for the iphone8 on the $59 plan and the live chat operator gave me a reference number and assured me that i would get the phone .. I can't believe now Dan says there is no such thing as a wait list....Thats what you get when you outsource call centres oversees just to make more profit by paying the workers pittance ..shame on you optus... Oh and iwant my Phone that was promised to me by an Optus staff member !!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor singingfrog
Occasional Contributor

sounds to me that in the Optus company the head doesn't know what the behind is doing.  They are obviously too big an organisation to be able to give the same information to all of their staff.  LOL

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Hi guys, I just want to clear up that there is no "wait list" to place an order for an out of stock phone, but there is "back order" for orders that have already been placed. If you have placed an order and the phone then went out of stock, your device will be on back order and shipped asap.

If you have an order number, but no notification of the phone being dispatched, please feel free to send me a Private Message so we can take a closer look into it's status. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Mia123,

I've copied a response I'd posted to the original thread below. I'd like to apologise particularly to you. I can't explain why it'd taken so long for us to receive confirmation that this was being offered.

My original comments were not intended to deceive you or other customers in anyway.

At the time, there was nothing to suggest that we were offering a wait list. We did have a number of senior staff members away over the Christmas period which really didn’t help the cause. We'll definitely take this one as a learning experience.

"Hey guys, I just wanted to send through a quick update.

Hopefully this will clear up some of the confusion we've had in regards to the iPhone 8 $59.00 promo wait list that'd been offered by our consultants over Live Chat.

Earlier on today I received confirmation that the wait list is in-fact legitimate and for those who'd expressed their interest to a consultant before the 03/1/2018, we will be honouring the offer.

I've also been advised that an SMS had gone out to customers on Thursday the 11/01/18.

I really do apologise for any misinformation that we'd sent through on this thread.

If anyone requires a follow up, we do have the database of customer details wed captured over live chat readily available to us."

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

0 Kudos
Top Contributors