cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor Magnolia
New Contributor

iPhone Set Up for sending email through Optus smtp

Can anybody help on the correct set up for SENDING emails through Optus on our iPhones.  We can receive emails ok through our email servers through POP or IMAP but the problem is sending emails. We have tried the Optus recommended settings of putting the Primary SMTP outbox as smtp.optusnet.com.au without success. User name and password was optional and left blank but even when trying our Optus user name and passwaord for our account there is still no success in sending any emails....Any help or suggestions is much appreciated. Thanks 

Tags (1)
8 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: iPhone Set Up for sending email through Optus smtp

I assume you are connected to Optus when doing this as it won’t work if you are connected to another isp. Make sure this is a POP account and outgoing server is mail.optusnet.com.au port 25 with no authentication required.

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/using-an-email-application-with-optusnet-email?requestTy...

0 Kudos
New Contributor Magnolia
New Contributor

Many thanks for your help and suggestion. We tried it again and still no luck. The iphone waiting wheel just keep spinning with "verification" which never comes through. BVry fustrating as incoming email seem ok

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

If left to setup itself the mail program will often attempt to setup imap on secure ports I believe. Might pay to delete the account and set it up again making sure you manually setup a pop account.

0 Kudos
JustinB
Blog Author

Hi Magnolia,

Make sure you are setting up the email using your 3G/4G Optus connection and not your Wi-Fi.

Outgoing mail server is mail.optusnet.com.au

For further setup instructions visit our device setup guide for email here

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Magnolia
New Contributor

Perfect, many thanks. It worked when disabling wi-fi and only using 4G.

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Yep as I said in my first post it won’t work unless you are connected to Optus. Glad you got it sorted. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
New Contributor HarryZyx
New Contributor

I'm having the same problem on my iPhone 6S Plus with iOS 11.2.5, but I'm confused. My ISP is Optus, but my mail host is Crazy Domains, which is also my domain host. I use my own domain name for my mail. What do I enter for the SMTP server data?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

You should have to set your outgoing mail server to mail.optusnet.com.au. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos