Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

iPhone 8 order number not received

Hello 

So I order the iPhone 8 with that deal and after I received my temporary order number which was quick but 5 days later I haven't received ANYTHING which it did say 3-5 business days... My temporary number is XOP1513473966910... If someone could help that what be great 

6 Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: iPhone 8 order number not received

Hi @Kinsellack,

Whilst I can't be 100% I would imagine that due to the holiday season and high demand for the iPhone X/8/7 that it could be in short supply. My thinking is that because the iPhone X is in short supply at the moment that many people have opted to purchase, or rent, the iPhone 8, and upgrade later when the iPhone X has its next shipment. Looking on the Optus site it does say that iPhone 8 is out of stock so that may also be partly to do with it. However, if it was the 8+ that you have ordered then it may just be because of the large number of orders that may be going through to Optus. Hopefully, an Optus rep will be in touch with you soon to get to the bottom of it.
If it helps I haven't received an email for my order of the GS8 that is in stock. 😛

- Auzz

If I've been helpful today please feel free to press that little thumbs up button. It's free and I'd really appreciate it.
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I ordered the Iphone 8 on the 19th dec for one of 3 phones I have on my account.

I received an email about 20 mins later for the phone in question with an order reference, then another email 10 mins later for my main phone and another reference then an email 10mins after that with a different reference, and a third email for the other phone on my account with another reference again. 10 mins after that I receive email with a temporary order number for the phone in question. Im confused why I have 4 emails so-

I try using online chat and after trying throughout the day and getting - "no agents are available try later" message four or five times I finally get to an agent. (via the "track your order" selection). I explain the situation and after 2 sorry cant helps and 2 internal redirects- Im told the order has been cancelled- faulty address (?). Im told we cant re-open or process the order further, talk to sales agent, I'm redirected and wait 1hr 4 mins before giving up.

I go instore and am told they cant help- not on our system, speak to on-line support team. Im given a number and after going through selections that provide startrack message (which I try for all order references) The response for the first 3 messages is that they are complete (what does that mean?) and the temp order is not recognised.

So where do I go- is my handset on its way?, are my other services wrongly upgraded?, is the order cancelled?

Optus do you have any idea the frustration this causes for a simple order, that know one in the support team wants to own the issue- no-one in store wants to help?  just pass it on because its too hard

So do I order again? Unbelievable really.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

@orchy64 and @TheAuzzinator

yeah this is ridiculous do think we will even receive our orders?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I have confidence that we'll get them @Kinsellack, it's more so just how long it takes to process our orders. For all we know it's a dozen people working in their warehouse currently haha. I really hope not though 😛 

If I've been helpful today please feel free to press that little thumbs up button. It's free and I'd really appreciate it.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Who knows, so far Ive now received 4 order references and 1 temporary order reference, got a reply via Yes crowd that if I have a temporary order number then once they "process" the order I will get an email to confirm the timeframe. Ive tried the temporary and order reference numbers in the tracker and they're not even rcognised. All this for a single change to a plan.

We'll probably get them just not within an acceptable timeframe. and in that case what do you do- complain? Then we'll get the standard answer...." we're sorry to have inconvenienced you...." etc. not what I'd call good customer experience. Even just to be able to track my order would be comforting 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

Hey @orchy64,

There are a number of customers that are in the exact same boat. I'm not sure how we've managed to generated 4 order reference numbers for this one. How long ago did you place the iPhone 8 order?

What @Auzzinator has advised is the honest truth here.

The $59.00 promo plan has been incredibly popular, due to the high volume of order we've received there is a backlog of orders to get through. As of the 22nd, we’re no longer promoting the offer online and have been advised that the iPhone 8 is not available for rain cheque or back order.

@orchy64, feel free to send us a private message with your order details. I need your full name, DOB and account number. We'll confirm the correct order number for you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors