cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor Matt789
New Contributor

iPhone 8 back of phone glass repair

Hey Guys.

I am in need of help! The back of my IPhone 8 has cracked. I’m on a My Plan Plus plan. Does anyone have a idea of how much it will cost for me to get it fixed with Optus or if I actually need to get it fixed before I hand it back to them after my 24 month contract. Someone please help me because I need to know costs and other information. Please help me!

Cheers!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: iPhone 8 back of phone glass repair

You get to keep your broken phone after the 24 months.

Can you hunt around on ebay and just cover the back up with some kind of jello case?

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=iphone+8+back+parts&_sacat=0

0 Kudos
New Contributor Matt789
New Contributor

Can I give optus my broken phone after 24 months?

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

I think it's only business leasing plans where you have to give it back.

My Plan Plus, you've bought it over 24 months, and it's yours.

Does it say in your CIS that you have to give it back?

I was looking at Apple repair prices.... eeww

https://support.apple.com/en-au/iphone/repair/service/pricing

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Matt,

As mentioned you only return the phone after 24 months of its on a lease. Which it sounds like you are not on. Leasing saves people a few $$ a month of the regular plan but otherwise is a very bad deal IMO. For one thing you don't get to keep the phone. For another you MUST repair it and MUST repair it at Optus.

So it seems your only stuck with a broken back glass, which is sucky. These days total cost of ownership of a phone needs to cover one breakage imo. That repair is no longer just $100 on phones like this so either add $600 to the cost of your initial purchase or get insurance.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos