cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

iPhone 7 student discount never applied by Salesperson

Just a couple of months ago, I've upgraded my iPhone 6s plan to an iPhone 7, and I had the 10% student discount applied to in store. My old iPhone 6s had the student discount too. When I got my recent bills, I've noticed that there is no student discount applied. I'm being charged $94 instead of the advertised $87 through the discount. When I initially got the iPhone 7 plan, I showed the salesperson my student card and he said was satisfied and went on with the phone plan process with the discount as he said (this was the Darlinghurst Store in Sydney). I've been into the Sydney Central and Darlinghurst stores today and they really didn't do much for me after they've called the Optus Centre. In fact, the guy said that I'm expected to still pay the full $94 for the current bill. I've checked my Optus Online Account and there's still no visibility of a 10% student discount in the "Add Ons" section. If that's the case I should be offered to let go of my entire phone plan, and choose a different mobile carrier.
Any help??

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: iPhone 7 student discount never applied by Salesperson

Sounds like a snafu. Call Optus explain you're a student and what do they need to apply the discount. 

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Top Contributors