Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: iPhone 4 Personal Hotspot

I have an iPhone 4s on an Amaysim unlimited plan. When I try to set up a personal hotspot it says contact Optus. So here I am! What is the solution please?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

You know wot, this is the most disappointing thing with "optus" by not allowing hotspot/tethering from iPhones. It should not matter if we are on pre paid or any other type of plan. Like mentioned, android fones allow it. And now yous (optus) are allowing it on "some" plans and not others....
In all honesty I have been surprised and disappointed, just with the overall service from optus. From operators down to devices.. It seems yous really have no idea sometimes.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi there,

I'm facing the same problem. I'm using iphone 4s with Woolworth mobile.

Does optus have any plan to allow iphone to use personal hotspot?

I'm already happy with this plan and do not want to change to more expensive plan.

If not, then I guess I hv to buy new phone or go to other provider who allow this.

Thx.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hey Guys, iPhone has a feature unique to itself that allows a carrier to block tethering from the server, so Optus has taken the decision to block any potential iPhone buyers from using any prep they want, so in the end you are forced to pay significantly more or just leave, most choose to leave. New offers coming next week, they better be untethered and good value.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

To answer your question angryant, these PrePaid plans due to be released next week will include tethering. There's only a few older Optus plans that don't. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

hi my name is shaikh i have iphone 4 and i am unable to active persnol hotspot sheild i m on plan unlimited amaysim optus network plz help me out to set up this thx
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Hi shaikh, you’ll need to enquire about this with your provider, they should be able to help you out here.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hello the Professionals,

I have an IPhone 5, my carrier is TPG, and my plan is Data Plus

My plan id is 1806356, could someone help me enable the personal hotspot?

Whenever I click it, it comes up with 'to enable Personal Hotspot on this account, contact OPTUS'

if anybody can help me enable, i will be very grateful.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hiya erwenknee, this is something you'd need to contact your provider directly about

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos