Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
VicFer
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

iPhone 12 without SIM Card

Yesterday I bought a new iPhone 12 at Optus Ashfield.

I was never given a SIM Card so I assumed that the SIM Card was already inside the iPhone.

Mobile keeps showing 'NO SIM CARD' because is empty.

Am I expected to use the old SIM Card from the old mobile (iPhone 6)?

Very bad attention, they just give you the box with the mobile and bye bye.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Kartika

Re: iPhone 12 without SIM Card

Hi @VicFer, we do provide eSIM with the new iPhone 12 → support page. Did the store advise you anything in regards to eSIM? Is your old sim card in your iPhone 6 still working? If you did not request for an eSIM then yes you can use the old one in the new phone. However if you do need a new physical sim them you can visit the store or contact us via the → messaging service to assist you further.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
VicFer
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Kartika, thank you for your answer. Nobody in the store mentioned anything about eSim or any other setup procedure. I would not like to use an old SIM card in a new expensive toy like this mobile.
0 Kudos
Casey_YC

I can appreciate what you're saying @VicFer

Physical SIM cards can last a while and so stores generally may assume you are keeping the previous SIM card, unless you specify you need a replacement or eSIM.

You would be able to order an eSIM via your local Optus store, or chat to our Messaging team on the link @Kartika provided. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Vbarski
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I'm just wondering what's the issue with using the old sim card?
The only time you need to swap the sim card for a new one is if the new phone uses a different sim card from what you have or if there's issues with the current sim card.
0 Kudos
Top Contributors