Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
befs
New Contributor
New Contributor

iPhone 12 pro - best time to buy?

I'm looking to get an iPhone 12 pro (128gb, 24mnths, will get on a 200gb plan as I data share with my kids).  Is there a better time to buy? 

I've been caught out before where a new/better deal came out like a week later and I know there can be often be a better offer online than in-store, sometimes it's freebies, sometimes its cost.  Given EOFY is approaching I'm reluctant to get now (but then I heard new pricing/deals came out early May).  Can anyone shed some light?  Do I hold off a bit longer or do I buy now?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jack_YC

Re: iPhone 12 pro - best time to buy?

Hey there @befs, before signing up to a plan, I recommend checking our our Deals page  to see our latest offers. 

I also suggest speaking with our Sales team as they'll be able to answer any questions you have about our latest offers. You can reach our Sales team via the My Optus App or our Messaging page. You can also call the Sales team directly on 1300 449 574. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

AndS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@befsOptus are not going to answer what you are asking as they want you to buy a phone now, not cheaper in say x days/weeks/months.

They will tell you what deals they have available now. You can look at the optus deals and use the end date to see when the next deal will be available and then google to see if Apple are releasing a new phone before then in which casethe new deal could/maybee for the new phone. BUT new phones are usually more expensive, so watch it.

Apple usually keep the same schedule for new devices year in year out at the same time, so you can use this to decide on which phone to buy and when if you are inclined to buy based on getting the latest iPhone.

befs
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank you! Yeah, no real deals at the moment (unless I want to trade-in my current phone, that deal ends 30 June), so it's just standard device + plan which has no end date as such (bugger).
Given the trade-in deal (and the fact that Apple aren't releasing a new phone anytime soon, maybe September or later this year) I guess that means there's potentially no EOFY deals and even if I wait until 1 July (which I could do) there's no guarantee of a better deal to suit me anyway. If only I had a magic crystal ball 😞
Thanks for your help and tip of checking the current deal end date! 😉
0 Kudos
befs
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks, had done both of those (checked deals page and spoke to Sales Team (in-store).
0 Kudos
Top Contributors