Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Manrico
New Contributor
New Contributor

iPhone 12 paint peeling off

I have had my iPhone 12 since November 2020 and the paint is already peeling off.

Phone has never been dropped.

I've read about this issue from other owners, same issue.

Is this issue covered by the warranty?

Thank you.

M.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Aman_YC

Re: iPhone 12 paint peeling off

Hi @Manrico - Really sorry to hear that this is happening. 

So that we can check the handset can you please visit your nearest Optus store and the staff there will assess it.  The peeling of paint or scratches is not covered under warranty. 

Please let us know once you have been at the store and how did you go. 

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

If for some reason you’re unable to, if you have a social media account, please then Optus on Facebook or on Twitter with the details for further assistance mentioning you’re unable to use the My Optus app.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

"The peeling of paint or scratches is not covered under warranty. "

But likely would under consumer law of merchantable quality. I'd also suggest manrico that you have it checked at an Apple store as they may also agree it needs to be fixed/replaced.
Manrico
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply petergdownload!
0 Kudos
AndS
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

If the paint is peeling so soon then the product may not meet the fit for purpose or be a manufacturing defect when it was made. Either way it would be covered by the australian consumer laws.

As Peter has indicated Apple would be quicker to fix / replace it.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors