Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Optus
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

iPhone 12 & iPhone 12 Pro now available to Pre-Order

The new iPhone 12 & iPhone 12 Pro are now available to Pre-Order with Optus!

iPhone 12

iPhone 12 Pro

What colour are you choosing? Comment below! 🙂

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
51 Replies
Mia88
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: iPhone 12 & iPhone 12 Pro now available to Pre-Order

I chose the iphone 12 pro, GOLD! looks lovely! can't wait 🙂

NexusQ1
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Pro Gold.

Robin88
Contributor
Contributor

I pre-ordered the iPhone 12 Pro Pacific Blue on the 16th Oct at 11:00 PM and was emailed a Temporary Order Number at around 11:05 PM. I have preordered at least 5-6 times before and I have always received the phone on the launch day (otherwise what's the point of preorder?)

Now I have questions:

As soon as I preorder and I receive a Temp Order number, should I not be allocated a phone? (unless I did not go through with it?) Speaking to many Optus reps, no one has any idea where my order is and when will I be getting it. Also, they sort of indicate that I may be on backorder but surely that can't be right? Not even Oct 29, Nov 3 or Nov 10 delivery?

I would not have been so anxious (not excited) if the current phone I am using was playing up every now and then and most likely dying by the end of this month. If I was not to receive my phone from Optus on the 23rd Oct, I would have bought it outright from Apple. But Optus cannot give me a date and Apple will not hold the units for me and are likely to sell out by 23rd as well.

Would anybody from Optus (potentially someone with a computer) shed some light on this? Cheers.

0 Kudos
George_YC

Hey @Robin88

I completely understand that you're excited about you're new iPhone 12!

When you place an order with us, it would have told you the date that your device delivers from or whether it was on Raincheck or Backorder.

We never guarantee a specific date that the device is sent to you, as the actual date you get your device can be different depending on postage.

Please note, we're unable to look into details on Yes Crowd, however, we'd be happy to look into this further for you and try and provide you with the most accurate information.

If you have a social media account, please then send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

NexusQ1
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@George-YC.
Yes, Right now it says Backorder for me, when I place order at 11:04pm? it says "From" 23rd. But Temp number means nothing (from my iPhone X experience), as people can slot in front of you due to submitted date. THAT is when the order was placed by the Sales person. Sale did call me at 1:40pm on Saturday, and they started to work at 9am. If anyone do the math, that means i would've missed out on day 1, Very much unfair to people who stayed up and preordered, as usual the email says, we'll call you.
Yes, no dates were actually said, it is "From" a certain date.

I stayed up, got a headache for my troubles,, and i won't be getting the device on Day1.. right. When will Optus remove this rubbish temp system, also remove the need to priorities walk-in customers. Because they are the king right now. Pretty sure I can go ANY Optus shop on Friday and get a device I want.
Optus: iPhone 4S (day 1 via shop at 5:02pm!).
iPhone 5s, 6s, 7 all were (day 1 via preorders)
iPhone X, (3-4 weeks later, many people slotted in front of me due to don't call us)
iPhone 12 Pro?
Robin88
Contributor
Contributor

@George_YC

Im not just "excited" to get my phone. I need one as I am on an iPhone 6 right now and it is playing up. Its a smartphone so I cannot go and get another one and wait for Optus to send me what I ordered.

I have been with Optus for 15 years and I know how this works (or should work). When I preordered (finished by 11:01 or 02), it said delivery from 23 Oct. I helped someone else place their order too which was a good 2 hours later, it still said 23 Oct.

Also, Im not on Social Media.

Hi @NexusQ1

Exactly my point!
There is no Order to Ordering with Optus. Specially they are more interested in "new customers" rather than loyal ones. If you're not going to honour pre order and temporary order numbers, should not be entertaining that scam.
NexusQ1
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

https://www.optus.com.au/for-you/support/contact-us

i have just used the bot to contact them, and i think via "Service" department, you can use the my optus app if you have it. Still need to login to your optus account where you placed the order under.

they contacted the warehouse if you give them order number, and in my case there is a deliver number as well inside the my optus app. And they said to me, they have my order confirmed, and assured me it will be delivered "this week".

I hope that date sticks. Good Luck to everyone.

#EDIT1: just got an sms, so it is being prepped.

Mia88
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Okay thats great! im looking forward to getting mine to, i did check tracking on the optus app nothing as of yet, So will see in the following next days!
0 Kudos
Deeza07
New Contributor
New Contributor

What a joke this preorder is. Stay up until 11pm to preorder, just for the tracking to take 3 days to say “submitted” on the order. With no updates since and no one able to give me an approximate date of delivery. Or even a date for when the phone will be sent. Will just buy outright from Apple next time.
Top Contributors