cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and the iPhone 11 Pro Max now available to order from Optus

You can now order the incredible iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and the iPhone 11 Pro Max online at www.optus.com.au and purchase in stores during retail hours. Please be aware that stock in retail stores is extremely limited.

For more details please visit www.optus.com.au

For more details on iPhone go to www.apple.com.au

If you have any questions, please comment below.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Occasional Contributor Ka_Hooli
Occasional Contributor

Re: iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and the iPhone 11 Pro Max now available to order from Optus

I preordered my iPhone 11 Pro Max Friday night a week ago.

I've got an order number starting with 9 and ending with A, but it still says "submitted".  I was hoping it would be delivered launch day, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

By when should I know what is happening with my order?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and the iPhone 11 Pro Max now available to order from Optus

The Optus delivery process seems a tad random (See a recent thread on the new Samsung pre-order for a lot of confusion.)

In general they are indeed sent out the day before launch day (usually you get a "Left the warehouse SMS"). With luck you should get it soon. Note that some orders might require you to have a credit check before its sent out (Is this your first Optus post paid plan?)

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi Peter,

Been with Optus for quite some time now. Probably over 10 years, not sure, so not my 1st or only device with them as my wife, eldest child and home internet all with them on a single bill.

My understanding is if you had to undergo a credit check, you didn't progress from the temporary order number starting with T, which I have progressed from to a proper order number.

Hopefully later today I'll get an update.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Ordered my 11 pro max 256 last Friday night, called the sales team Saturday as I only received a temp order. 

went into local Optus store on the Sunday where they checked my I'd and my order progressed. 

no updates all week until yesterday morning via ems and email advising that the phone had left the Optus warehouse. 

using my Optus order number as the reference number on the StarTrack website it showed up around 7pm last night with tracking info. 

delivered this morning to work (now using it to type this post)

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Occasional Contributor

Store was helpless, they told me to call online sales or message them.

I messages them, and was told my preorder is still waiting for allocation, which I think is Optus saying that they've run out of devices and I'll need to wait for a backorder now.

Just wish they'd be honest about what is actually happening.

0 Kudos
New Contributor tamina75
New Contributor

I ordered iphone 11pro on 14th of Sept. I got temporary order number than  I contacted with Optus couple of times and finally I got a tracking number starting with 9 and ending A. I tried to track my order and "not found" appear everywhere. I contacted with Optus again so many times and always got an answer: everything is ok with your order. Today I contacted again and I got a totally different answer: "We have an issue with your order" but I've been advised that there's a reserve stock of handsets for customers who've had issues with their order that's to avoid me being placed back into the back-order queue. After got another message and siad: your oder is back order only and it will be delivered when the handset is in stock. 
And I am still don't know what was the issue with my first order and why I haven't got it.
My friend ordered exactly the same model, same color, same size over the phone yesterday and she got a phone today. 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi there tamina75,

From what you have described it sounds like they are waiting on stock to fulfil your order,and you should receive updates as your order progresses.

However that does sound strange that you ordered yours before your friend and they got theirs first.

We don't have visibility of that information here on Yes Crowd to know what happened there.

If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.
If not, please Chat with us 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors