Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Marcus72
New Contributor
New Contributor

iPad with a sim card

Hi. I recently purchased an iPad on a plan with a sim. Previously I had an iPad wifi only that also had messages so that when I received an sms on my phone it would come to my iPad. Phone calls could also be made with the iPad if the phone was nearby. If the iPad is wifi and cellular will that still happen? I assume if it’s wifi it will but if it has its own sim, how would that now work? Please help I’m confused
0 Kudos
3 Replies
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: iPad with a sim card

If it has its own SIM then it will have its own phone number as well. If you still want to use is as before, i.e. get messages via wifi, then you can still do that. Just don't use the new number if you have no need for it.

The main thing to be aware of is using mobile data through the SIM because if you go beyond you plans allocation it can cost as much as $10 per gigabyte (depending on the plan) for any excess data.

0 Kudos
Marcus72
New Contributor
New Contributor

I appreciate the prompt reply. So, to clarify, messages will sync only if I’m on wifi or will it also work if using a cellular signal with the sim?
0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Sorry, but I've never used ipads, but I'm assuming if its syncing then as long the device has internet connection the syncing will work. The ipad can get internet via wifi and/or SIM.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors