cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor BBB89
New Contributor

iPad Pro 3 order

Hi there , 

Ive been getting conflicting information about an order I placed a few days ago. ( iPad Pro 3 12.9” 512GB) Firstly , the Optus site says”AVAILABLE”, now that doesn’t seem to lead one to think that the item is a back order. I was told by the online sales consultant that delivery would be 3-5 days upon ordering. Now I’m told there’s no insight and that it’s on back order ? 

Any ideas ?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
16 Replies
New Contributor BBB89
New Contributor

Re: iPad Pro 3 order

Further to this , there just be a massive disconnect between sales consultants and stock levels. After posting yesterday I asked a sales consultant what stock availability was and I was assured that the exact item I ordered was in stock , and would be delivered 2-5 business days after placing the order. 

Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@BBB89, via which sales channel had you signed up through?

Was that in store, over the phone, online via self-serve or over chat?  We do have a seperate stock allocation for retail. 

I've checked our recent stock report. We have no stock available in our warehouse. The iPad pro 3 is currently on back order. 

I can see that our website is still showing the device as availabel (standard delivery applies). I've fed this back to marketing.

I'll see if I can narrow down the time-frame as to when we expect new stock to arrive. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor BBB89
New Contributor

Thanks Dan for taking the time , I’ve since cancelled the order. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
chloesok
Blog Author

Ah, I'm sorry to hear that this is the case, @BBB89. I'll certainly go ahead and pass along your feedback in regards to the order for the relevant teams to review. 

In the mean time, if there was anything else we could assist with, please don't hesitate to let us know. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor justin1291
New Contributor

I recently placed an order in-store for a 12.9” iPad Pro 64GB. Is there anyway to track the order, I didn’t receive an order number with the paperwork. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Tris

Could you send me a PM thanks @justin1291? I'd just need your full name and DOB. If you've got any other Optus services the account or phone number would be handy too 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor SH1
New Contributor

I had the same issue. Ordered online via a sales person chat window on 21st November and was told I'd have delivery in 3-5 days. No mention of back order on the website or in the sales person's chat window. When I enquired as to where my order was after 5 days I was told it was on back order. Not a happy bunny. No apology, no explanation, no communication.

Extract from chat....
Megan N (21:03:23 AEST) : Please allow me few minutes while I complete this for you now.
Visitor (21:14:30 AEST) : .
Visitor (21:15:56 AEST) : You still there?
Megan N (21:16:14 AEST) : Almost done
Visitor (21:16:35 AEST) : Cheers
Megan N (21:16:52 AEST) : Thank you.
Megan N (21:23:08 AEST) : Your order reference number is XXXXXXX. Delivery will occur within 3-5 business days. You will need to provide the Driver your Australian drivers licence, Government issued Proof of Age or Passport to sign for it. If you are unavailable, the courier will leave a calling card for Post Office collection.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Thanks @SH1, I'll feed this back to our Chat team.

The update to the website to reflect our current stock levels was a bit delayed. 

I'm sorry for all the confusion. 

We will also email once your order is processed with your order confirmation number, and SMS you when your order ships from our warehouse.

It's also important to note that your plan and handset repayments will begin when the device is dispatched from our warehouse. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor CCLIP
New Contributor

Did you get it now?

0 Kudos