Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor jadelee83
New Contributor

iPad Pro 3 Order Query

Hi Yes Crowd,

I am hoping that someone can assist with clarifying my situation with my recent iPad order as I seem to be getting conflicted information from the Optus social media, web chat and in store teams.

I placed an order to upgrade my iPad to the new 12" model on Tuesday (20-11) and was advised that this was in stock and would be delivered within 1-3 business days. After reading several Whirlpool threads where forum members were advised they were immediately placed on a wait list due to low stock levels and my order still in "submitted" status, I enquired via Twitter as to when this would ship out. I was told by the Twitter rep that it would stay "submitted" until I received and activated the SIM card with the new iPad and then would change to PONR (point of no return) - this makes no sense to me as it's not a particularly reliable way to track something if the status doesn't change, but I digress.

I then contacted the Sales team again via Web Chat on Wednesday evening (21-11) to see if it was possible to find out if my order had been dispatched from the warehouse and was told that I had been allocated an iPad and it would be delivered in 1-3 business days.

Given that I hadn't received a tracking number for the delivery by Thursday (22-11), I contacted the sales web chat again only to be told that no iPad had been allocated and that I had been put on to a wait list with no estimated time frame around when the iPad would be restocked. Obviously frustrated with this response after being told several different things previously, I raised concern with this and was escalated to three other different supervisors who basically provided me the same response but couldn't explain why I had previously been told I had been allocated an iPad and also why the website continued to show (and still does) that the product is in stock with standard delivery timeframes.

Is it possible for someone to advise what the exact situation is here and when I can expect to receive my iPad? Honestly, the experience I've had so far with ordering this product and the inconsistent messages provided by sales staff has really annoyed me to the point where I am considering changing providers and the fact that something that is out of stock is still being displayed as available smells like misleading and deceptive advertisement to me.

Thanks for you help.

5 Replies
New Contributor BBB89
New Contributor

Re: iPad Pro 3 Order Query

Very similar situation to me. The online sales reps tell complete lies and are massively disconnected to actual warehouse stock ( which there is no stock ). Based on the dishonesty on their part and sales reps I canceled my order and went back to my old service provider and got accurate information. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor shezzzdawggg
New Contributor

I too, have had the exact same problem!

Being told multiple different things/time frames every time I've spoken to someone new.

So frustrated with Optus, I understand the iPad Pro 3 is high demand but they should be more organised and have actual statuses.

I did get a call the other day though from Optus and they asked if I wanted to keep my order, advising me that I would not be receiving it until the first week of December, I said yes of course as I want the iPad.

But since then, I have not had one update via email or msg, so I have checked on Web Chat and been told different stories from then as well.

I'm just going to wait patiently until December and if I haven't received it in the first/second week will be re-thinking my decision about keeping my current contract with Optus and my order for the iPad.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Teg-Han
New Contributor

I’m in the same boat, too. Ordered my iPad on a Friday in store after seeing online it was available, because the online chat told me they couldn’t link my 200gb phone data with the iPad, which I knew wasn’t true. 

Went in store, and they said no store stocks them, and that it would be delivered to me in 1-3 business days. Sweet!

My tracking never updated from submitted and so I contacted them via chat again and was told 1-5 business days and that I would receive it soon, and they transferred me to a different team to see if they could figure out why my tracking hadn’t updated.

Was told then that I wouldn’t receive it, that it was on back order and they had no more information than that. 

I asked to submit a complaint and was told “we resolve your complaints in real time in the chat. Anything else I can help you with” 

I’m a new Optus customer, recently switched over when the latest iPhone came out. I wish I hadn’t have. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor Shopaholic
New Contributor

@shezzzdawggg have you heard any more about the delivery first week in December? I placed an order 20/11 when it showed as available online, did a web chat 30/11 to be told on backorder with no delivery date. Messaged again today and told the same, no expected date for shipment. I understand they are waiting for stock from Apple but updates from Optus would be appreciated. About to leave on holidays for 4 weeks so will be unable to receive the delivery... was told by Optus representative that company receptionist could sign but this is untrue as you need photo id. Don't really want to cancel order and be placed at the back of the queue once I return from holidays.
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey guys, you'll hear back from us as soon as we receive stock.

At this stage, the ipad 3 Pro is still on backorder.

For backorders, we usually quote a timeframe of 3-5 weeks (however, it could be earlier).

Once the order is accepted by the warehouse, you'll receive an SMS. You'll then receive an SMS on teh following day confirming that the iPad has been dispatched. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors