Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
pauloc1
New Contributor
New Contributor

iPad Pro 2020 Series 4

Hi, I am just wondering when Optus will be offering the new iPad Pro 2020 Models seeing as the 2018 Models are now out of stock on the website. 

7 Replies
Danimus
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: iPad Pro 2020 Series 4

This would be good to know, and has been asked before.

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Apple/Optus-to-offer-the-iPad-pro-2020-model/td-p/606199

I understand they claim to have other issues going on with this bloody flu thing, but surely business hasn't been impacted that much?

It's a just a telco, largely online based and a lot of their staff already WFH so what's going on, why not at least tell us when to expect the next gen ipads?  Otherwise I'll just buy one at OW and get a prepaid data elsewhere.

0 Kudos
captain_kirkus
New Contributor
New Contributor

This is just not true. Optus' call centers are primarily based offshore, most have all been impacted by full and partial lockdowns, with significantly reduced staff as a whole. It would not surprise me if their development / web management department is also impacted by a lockdown -- hence their site not being updated in the last month. 

It makes sense that they haven't added new product SKU's to the site, since they've clearly got their hands filled dealing with critical customer tickets, employing / training onshore teams and configuring an efficient WFH environment for their current employees. 

Putting things into perspective, not having your iPad Pro is not the real problem, its the "bloody flu thing" thats causing issues.

Message/visit your local Optus store, if they cant help you, wait as long as you think is reasonable, if you cant wait, Vodafone have the current iPad in stock, if you don't want to swap telco's, buy one outright from Office Works or Apple directly. 

Simples. 

0 Kudos
Danimus
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

And you base this on what evidence? Absolutely none, so thanks for your guesswork and captain obvious response that has helped um... not one bit!!
I hope you continue to be a great contributor here, the force is strong with this one.
0 Kudos
Tasmick
New Contributor
New Contributor

Vodafone have then available

0 Kudos
Danimus
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

They are in stock now from Optus.

0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Spot on, Danimus: https://www.optus.com.au/mobile/tablets

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
Tasmick
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks
0 Kudos
Top Contributors